Crumpet's Nail Tarts: 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge: Mixed Tape Manis

Friday 3 March 2017


Earlier this week I was lucky enough to receive the new OPI Fiji Collection (I am making my way through swatching all of these polishes so bare with me.  I will have a blog post coming very soon).  Anyway I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous these colours are and how well they work together.  Naturally I had to pick two of them for today's mani.

For my base I used OPI No Tan Lines and then used OPI Super Trop-i-cal-i-fiji-istic (I love orange and blue together).  Now I had planned on using the zig zag vinyls and striping tape but my striping tape seems to have melted or something so doesn't really stick anymore.  I do have a bunch of other rolls of striping tape but to be honest I couldn't be bothered trying to find where I have put it (I think it is in a random box).  Anyway, I used some straight vinyls instead.  I seriously love how this mani turned out, especially the matte version.






Which version do you like best?  I'm definitely team matte for this mani.

In case you need reminding (or are wanting to join in with this challenge) here are the upcoming themes.



I can't wait to see what everyone else has done for this prompt. 


10 comments:

  1. I'm not a matte nails fan, but I like it with this design! Can't wait to see the Fiji collection in store, I have my eye on both the blues (despite having 10000 other blue polishes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell. I'm a little bit obsessed with matte nails at the moment. I have no idea why. I think because they are different than my usual glossy manis. Nice to mix things up a bit :)

      Delete
  2. I don't usually go for matte, but I really dig it on his mani. It turns out so bright and beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle. Seems I may be the only one digging matte nails right now lol. I think I am loving them because they are something different to my usual glossy manis

      Delete
  3. This mani is gorgeous, I love the colour combo and the matte finish! It's so funky.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I love blue and orange together. I'm really not sure why I don't do it more often.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's a great combo isn't it? I really should use blue and orange together more often.

      Delete
  5. I'm wearing the same #teammatte jersey! :) Awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi. Yay for Team Matte! Seriously more people should embrace the matte

      Delete