Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 02 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Sunday 5 March 2017


I know I have mentioned this a few times but I have a lot of Lina Nail Art Supplies stamping plates that I purchased and I am slowly trying to swatch my way through them.  I'm aiming to do one Lina post a week (or there about depending on challenges and my other swatching commitments I have) to get through them.  Starting today.  Today I have the Feeling Shapely 02 stamping plate to share with you.  As we all know I am a big fan of this collection of plates and this plate is no exception. 

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
You may remember when I posted this mani on Facebook a little while ago that I mentioned that the image I used was not the image I originally wanted to use.  I really wanted to use the image in the bottom left hand corner, however there is a cut through the plate which means I can't use it.  Really disappointed because that image is one of my favourites on this plate.  It's not the first plate from Lina that has come with faults on it.  I highly recommend checking ALL of your plates and the images and contacting the company.   Anyway, for this mani I used Essie Watermelon and Apres-chic, OPI Alpine Snow and Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  The black studs are from Born Pretty Store.


Given the amount of dot images on this plate I couldn't help but use one.  I quite like this image as it's definitely different from the standard dot images you see.  I also like that it's not easy to create with a dotting tool yourself.  For this mani I used China Glaze Kiss My Sherbet Lips, Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence and Mundo de Unas Black Stamping Polish.  You can see on my index nail that there is some excess lines but I think that was more from the polish than an issue with the plate.  My thoughts are still out on the MdU stamping polish.  Anyway I added matte top coat to this mani because I am love matte nails.  


Overall, I like this plate but I don't love it.  I think there are other plates in this collection that are much better.  As I mentioned earlier, my plate does come with a fault which is very disappointing.  I know Lina appears to be struggling to keep up with demand for her plates and it appears that the quality may be sliding a little.  Definitely check your plates carefully and get in contact with the company if you have issues.  This goes for all plates and not just Lina's.  I know I am guilty of not checking my plates properly and I should.

The Feeling Shapely 02 stamping plate is available from Lina Nail Art Supplies.

4 comments:

  1. I only have one Lina plate so far and one on order but I really really need more. Love your looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. Which plates do you have? I'm a big fan of the Feeling Shapely plates and the Make Your Mark ones.

      Delete
  2. Love your manis but find the images on this plate a bit meh. I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of other plates with these same images.
    Shame about your scratch, I never check plates, will have to start doing that now!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. You are correct. This plate isn't the most unique and definitely not a favourite of mine but there are some good images on there.

      Yes definitely check your plates! I usually find out when its too late when there is a fault. I know most brands these days have upped their quality control but I kinda think in the case of Lina's it's dropped because they are trying to push them out to meet the demand. That's just my opinion though.

      Delete