China Glaze Spring Fling Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 4 March 2017


Happy weekend everyone!  I don't know about you but I am so glad it's the weekend.  I'm hoping for a low key one after a few busy weeks.  Today I have China Glaze's Spring Fling Collection to share with you.  I am such a huge fan of China Glaze, especially their Spring and Summer polishes, so I was super excited when I saw that Head2toe beauty had this collection in stock.  There are definitely a few favourites in this collection for me.  So before I start rambling, let's just get in to it.


Beach It Up is a copper and rose gold glitter with holographic bar glitters.  I'm not sure I like this one.  I love the base colour and think if you take out the gold glitters and bar glitter it would be much better.  The formula was easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Blanc Out is a white creme.  This one I love!  The formula is amazing and is sooooo close to being a one coater.  In fact, I am sure if you have short nails and do a careful application then you could easily get away with one coat.  I think this polish could overtake my love for OPI Alpine Snow (and if you have been following me for a while then you will know how much I love Alpine Snow - I have been through countless bottles over the years).  Anyway, I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Crushin' On Blue is described as a marine blue with a pearl finish.  I think the colour of this is gorgeous, however it is quite sheer and there are visible brush strokes.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Don't Teal My Vibe is described as a bright blue turquoise with a Mother of Pearl finish.  This one has quite a runny formula, so much so it actually dripped onto another nail.  It takes a bit of getting use to to get the right amount on the brush so you don't make a mess.  I do like the colour but found that it did bubble on me.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I Just Cant-Aloupe is described as an orange-peach creme.  I like this colour in the bottle but I am questioning whether I like it on my nails.  I'm not convinced either way.  The formula is good though and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
It's A-Boat Time is described as a silver grey shimmer.  I found this polish quite sheer and it has visible brush strokes.  It is easy to use though.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Kiss My Sherbet Lips is a fuchsia pink.  This one does have a very subtle shimmer in it.  The colour is really pretty and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats, however I think it may need a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Life Is Suite! is described as a nude pink creme.  I can't find any information that says that this polish is meant to be a matte, but it definitely dries matte.  I wish I had some nice things to say about this, but I don't.  The formula is a pain to work with.  It dries super quickly and drags the polish off if you go over the same spot.  You need to use relatively thick coats to make to polish more workable.  I also experienced some cracking on the first coat (similar to what happened with Partridge In A Palm Tree - you can see what I am talking about here if you would like).  For this swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box (with no top coat)

Picture taken in light box (with top coat)
Moment In The Sunset is described as a pink Mother of Pearl polish.  This one is quite sheer, bubbles and has visible brush strokes.  I think next time I would definitely use it over a base colour because even after three coats it is still see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box
Sun's Out, Buns Out is described as a pale pink with small gold particles.  Now this polish is super sheer.  There was no way I was going to attempt to build this up so it was opaque, so I did two coats over We Run This Beach.  I think this is a really pretty combination, and makes for a great glitter topper.

Picture taken in light box
Too Much Of A Good Fling is a pale green turquoise creme.  Now this is definitely a favourite of mine!  The colour is gorgeous and the formula is awesome.  I love it so much so I wore it as a full mani for a couple of days and now have it on my toes nails.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
We Run This Beach is described as a pale pink.  This is another one of my favourites.  I love the colour and the formula is great.  For my swatch I used three coats, however you can get away with two coats.

Picture taken in light box
This definitely isn't a favourite collection of mine.  Part of me is a little disappointed with it, but I think that is more because I had such high excitement levels for the Spring Collection.  Hopefully the Summer collection will be amazing to make up for this.  My personal favourites (and spoiler alert - you will be seeing these in my favourites post at the end of the month) are Too Much Of A Good Fling, Blanc Out and We Run This Beach.  I also quite like Crushin' On Blue and Kiss My Sherbet Lips.  I also recommend skipping on Life Is Suite!

What do you think of this collection?  Will you be grabbing any of the shades?

4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see your swatches of this collection. It's a shame some of the formulas are so tricky and sheer as the colours are amazing! I wish I could get my hands on some of these but I think I'll give it a miss, I'll spend my money on another spring collection.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely some better Spring Collections out there. I have just finished swatching the OPI Spring Collection, and have the Essie Spring Collection waiting for me to swatch. I am also on the look out for the Zoya Collection. It looks really pretty. All that being said there are some great polishes in this collection, but I wouldn't buy the entire collection

      Delete
  2. I agree completely with you about this collection. Sort of sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not there best but I am hoping it means that their Summer Collection will be AMAZING. Or maybe I am setting myself up for disappointment. Guess only time will tell

      Delete