Essie Spring 2017 Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 22 March 2017


Sometimes you see a collection and you know that you just have to have it.  This happens to me a lot especially with Spring and Summer Collections.  I am such a super for bright and light coloured polishes.  Anyway, Essie's Spring Collection is one of those collections that were calling for me to get it.  I saw so many pictures and swatches of this collection (I'm sure they were stalking me!) and I couldn't skip over it.  Fast forward to now and I have swatched/worn the entire collection and can share all my thoughts with you.


All The Wave is described as a sapphired indigo.  I love the look of this one in the bottle, but found it was a little dark on my nails (I think that was more my expectation of it more than anything else).  I think it's a really nice colour (although I wish it was a little lighter or brighter to make it more spring like).  The formula is also really good.  With a careful application, you could get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Backseat Besties is described as a delicate pink plumeria.  I love this one.  I am actually wearing it as a full mani now.  I have also grabbed for it a few times now.  Such a gorgeous colour and it has a good formula.  My swatch shows two coats.


B'aha Moment is described as a pink pomegranate.  Again, this one is a really pretty colour with a good formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Designated DJ is described as a plum sangria creme.  I think this is a nice vampy colour but for me it does not belong in a spring collection.  This is a shade that I would expect (and would wear) in Autumn/Winter.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.


Excuse Me, Sur is described as a sun-kissed coral mango.  I was a little on the fence about this colour when I first put it on.  I wasn't sure if I like it on my nails.  But I wear it as a full mani and feel in love with it.  The formula is easy to use.  I used two coats but questioned whether I should do a third coat.


On The Roadie is described as a vibrant kelly green.  Personally I am not a fan of this one as a full nail colour, however I think that it is perfect for nail art.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.


Overall I like this collection, but wished that some of the colours weren't as dark as what they are.  The formulas across the polishes are good and so easy to use.  I know sometimes Essie's can be a little tricky to apply especially with the thin brushes (Essie polishes in Australia have a wide brush which are amazing!) but I didn't have any issues with the thin brush in these polishes.  My personal favourite from this collection (if you couldn't guess) is Backseat Besties.

What do you think about this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment