Lina Nail Art Supplies Make Your Mark 03 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Saturday 11 March 2017


Today I have another Lina Nail Art Supplies stamping plate to share with you (have I mentioned I have quite a few to get through? lol).  This plate is one of my favourite styles of plates that Lina produces.  I think there is a great mix of designs and they always make for some awesome manis.  Well at least I think they do.

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
When I first saw this plate (apparently from knowing I needed it!)  I immediately had a mani in mind, which I still haven't even attempted yet.  Oops.  Anyway, my second mani idea was to use the blank space in middle of the plate to do a gradient.  I mean it should be easy right?  Nope.  I wasted so much trying to get this image work for me.  It didn't come out as a whole image (even with using only one stamping polish).  I tried different polishes, scraping it on different angles with different pressure, I even tried different stampers and I still got a blotchy result.  Definitely not a look I was going for.  So I'll definitely be sticking to my usual way of doing gradients.  If you are curious how I do my gradients you can see my post about them here.

You guys have probably already seen this first mani as I did it a little while ago for a challenge (well actually it was for two challenges that I combined).  For this mani I used Bundle Monster Mercury Baseline, Monarch Dream and Kandi Spirit for the gradient and stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.




I am a huge fan of microglitter polishes.  I think they are so cool, but like all glitters they are a bit of a pain to remove.  I noticed this image on the plate and thought that if I layered it up I could get a similar look to microglitter.  I am soooo in love with this.  I can see me using this image again and again.  For my base I used OPI Alpine Snow and stamped using B Loves Plates/Colour Alike B A Cobalt Kick, B A Fuchsia Flash and B A Yellow Glow.  




Apparent from the one image, I had no troubles with this plate at all.  The images I used all stamp well and I didn't notice any faults with this plate.

Now it appears that this plate has sold out (and to be honest I have no clue what is going on with pre-orders etc - there has definitely been a bit of drama around it).  I'd recommend maybe checking out one of the stockists to get your hands on it or perhaps see if you can pre order it directly from Lina Nail Art Supplies.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh there are some very pretty images on this plate. It's interesting to hear you had trouble with the gradient image, so many people make it look easy, whereas I always thought it was a crazy way to do gradients. The sponge technique isn't tricky. It's a nice idea though & ive no doubt it'll work for you at some point.
    Gorgeous manis and j love the bright colours!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I have a bit of a mix review about that image. Some people seem to make it work well, and others not so much. Mind you they say it works well, but it's not even and smooth like you get with a sponge. I will forever be a sponge girl. <3

      Delete
  2. Wow! The second one is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is definitely one of my favourite manis <3

      Delete
  3. I have this plate coming to me. That gradient area looks tricky though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to see what manis you come up with :)

      Delete