4 Year Instagram Anniversary - Now & Then

Sunday 26 March 2017


On this day four years ago I posted my first ever picture on Instagram!  It's crazy for me to think that I have been sharing my nail pictures for so long now, and even crazier to think that I originally had no intentions of ever posting my nails online at all.  My my, how things have changed!  Anyway, today I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a now and then post.  As cringe worthy as it can be to look back, it's sometimes nice to see they changes.

Let's start with today's version of this mani and then work backwards to the initial post.  For these manis I used China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On and Femme Fatale Cosmetics A Tisket, A Tasket.

2017




2015 - 2016
Sadly I didn't actually recreate my original mani in 2015 or 2016.  Instead I did some different blog posts.  

For my 3rd Instagram Anniversary I did a post with my most used polishes.  You can check that post out here. I would say that a lot of the polishes in that post are ones that I still use a lot now.
For my 2nd Instagram Anniversary I did a post with my favourite nail art manis that I had shown on Instagram over those two years.  You can see that post here.

2014
This was the first time that I did a "now and then" comparison picture.  There was definitely some improvements in that year but wow!  I cringe now.  And look - two watermarks!  I think at the point I had had a few pictures stolen with that big label cropped out.




2013
Here it is: my very first picture I ever posted on Instagram.  I could pick on a heap of things but I am not going too.  We all start somewhere don't we?


And because who doesn't love a collage?



It's funny looking at this mani now (and it has nothing to do the pictures themselves) is I have no clue why I chose these polishes for my first mani.  I mean the polishes do work together (although I probably should have put a creme polish not a shimmer polish with the glitter) but I don't actually think I like the mani.  Guess it just shows how tastes can change over the years.  I have also noticed that there are little bar glitters in the Femme Fatale polish.  I don't think I have ever noticed that before...or maybe it's been so long that I just don't remember them.

I really want to thank everyone who takes the time to like or comment on my posts (on whatever platform), to those of you who follow me,  and to everyone who recreates my manis.  You guys are amazing!!

4 comments:

  1. I actually love this look. After being on IG for 2 years I still have difficult cuticles so I have as much improvement as you do. Your nails are always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I definitely have ups and downs with my nails and cuticles but I am only human. As long as there is some nail there (and no nasty looking cuts or anything) I will happily keep on painting lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, the IG world would be a sadder place without your gorgeous nails and although you're not a fan of this mani now, I think it's fab for your first one. That glitter is so cute.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. I think IG would definitely be a lot sadder without all of the amazing people like you! I love how supportive, kind and inspiring the nail community it is. I am so glad that I decided to jump out of my comfort zone and join in the fun.

      Delete