31DC2018 Inspired By Fashion & Uberchic Beauty Pretty In Plaid Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 25 September 2018


One thing about doing the 31 day challenge is that you need to get really creative about how you combine the prompts with other challenges or things that you swatching.  I have definitely had a lot of practice with both of these things over the years.  There is always a chance that somethings can be combined with minimal thought - like today.  Today's 31DC2018 prompt is inspired by fashion and I also happen to have a new Uberchic plate - Pretty In Plaid.  Plaid has definitely come and gone in popularity for many, many years in the fashion world so it is the perfect plate for today's mani.  I also have my swatches and review of the Pretty In Plaid stamping plate for you as well.

First, let's look at the mani that I did for 31DC2018.  This mani is meant to be inspired by Burberry, however the plate images don't quite allow for a direct replication.  As you can see I can't stamping straight lines to save myself.  I'm not sure if it's a user thing or because my nails are so curved or perhaps it's a combination of both.  If I could stamping straight lines I would love this mani.  For my base I used China Glaze Bourgeois Beige and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black, White and Fire Engine Red.


Right, let's take a good look at Uberchic's Pretty In Plaid Stamping Plate!

Image from Uberchic Beauty
This plate is quite unique in the way that it has been divided into three sections.  On the left hand side of the plate you have images you layer, the middle is individual images so you can completely DIY your own plaid design, and then the right is full plaid designs (no layering required).  I really like how this plate is divided like this.

As much as I really like layering images, my heart will always belong to full sized images.  For this next mani I used Emily de Molly Swing Error and stamped using Powder Perfect Black Stamping Polish.


I definitely need to practice trying to get these images on this plate straight - but aside from that I am a big fan of this plate.  I think it will make some pretty awesome manis.

The Pretty In Plaid stamping plate is available now from Uberchic Beauty.


2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I love plaid and I LOVE your fashion mani. I really like the colours. Totally screams Burberry to me.

    I've spotted this plate shared by Uberchic and I love it so much. I am so glad to see it reviewed. I love the full nail images too but I like that you can customise it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a pretty cool plate isn't it? I do love layering images but they never work out so well for me.

      Delete