31DC2018 Black & White Nails

Friday 7 September 2018


One of the problems with doing a daily nail art challenge (or just daily blogging) is that when you have a nail break you have no choice but to carry on.  I have actually had two really bad breaks on my nails for quite some time now but have been waiting for them to grow to the point where I can file them back and still have them look ok.  Anyway, that day has come which is why I now have shorter nails all of a sudden.  Anyway, onto the 31DC2018 prompt - Black & White Nails.

I know I have said this time and time again, and to be honest it will be something that I will continue to say - but I love black and white nails.  Whether it is a full mani or just an accent nail, I think that you can't go wrong with black and white.  Now originally I had something different planned for today's mani but I recently received some new stamping plates from Uberchic Beauty so I just had to use one of those.

For base I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence and stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.  Image is from Uberchic Halloween 04.  I will have more swatches and a review of this plate soon.





Fun fact: this is the first time in the five years that I have done this challenge that I have used a black base with white stamping.  All previous manis have had a white base with black stamping.


4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your break but your nails still look amazing. I also adore black and white nails so I love this even more. I love the stamping. I love that you went with the black base and stamped with the white. Basically, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be sorry. They will grow back! In fact I am happy that the breaks are gone. I don't have to be so careful doing everything now lol.

      Thank you! I really like that black base with the white stamping. It's something different for me. I always do white with black stamping.

      Delete
  2. Black and white nails are just so stylish. I love them! Cool plate.
    Bummer about the break but at least it's grown out :)

    Also I just stocked up on Abscence in the PS closeout sale. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Absence is a good black polish. I have been through a couple of bottles now. Presence (the white creme) I have had one good bottle and the rest are duds (they are 3 coaters - so definitely not what they are advertised as).

      Delete