31DC2018 Violet Nails

Thursday 6 September 2018


I have always wondered why Violet is a theme for this challenge.  It's such a specific type of purple.  I really think it should just be purple.  It really would make things so much easier.  Fun fact, I really struggle to distinguish the different types of purples.  There are just soooooo many variations.  Purples always take me the longest to sort and put away in my drawers.  I also tend to re arrange these more often than any other colour because I can never seem to get it "right".  Well, that's a little bit of random information for you today.  Let's get into the nail art shall we?

For today's purple nails I pulled out one of my favourite purple cremes - Emily de Molly Original Cindy.  I teamed it with Color Club Harp On It and a black and white accent nail.  Image is from Lina Nail Art Supplies Mad For Mandalas.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

I really like this mani.  It's so simple yet really pretty.  I actually had a lot of comments while wearing this mani.

5 comments:

  1. yes yes yes yes!! The 'violet' business does my head in because I spend SO much time trying to find violet. I am definitely on board with just going purple. I do however LOVE what you did. I just love that colour and paired with the holo and stamping is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I am honest, I have no clue what exactly 'violet' is. There are sooooooo many different variations. Some are more pink toned, others are more blue. It's so confusing. From here on out this prompt is forever going to be purple and not violet to me lol

      Delete
    2. Ooh, ooh, I know!!! (mostly because I was helping my niece out with her science homework yesterday and they're doing colors at the moment ;)
      Violet is the color you get when you mix the same amounts of primal red and primal blue. On a color circle it's exactly halfway between blue and red, and the opposite of yellow. So violet is basically a special kind of purple, that doesn't lean either red or blue :)

      But even if the color you used would be called banana, I would still love it... beautiful manicure (that I can totally see on my hands if only I had that polish and the stamping plate :)

      Delete
    3. How interesting! That makes sense if they are equal amounts of red and blue, but then it's still confusing when you at polish names and what they consider 'violet'. Googling pictures also doesn't help much either. It's the same as teal, aqua and turquoise. They are equally confusing lol

      Delete
    4. I think the only reason why it's "violet" is because it's the next colour on the spectrum... So to be accurate it wasn't called purple.

      And Joyce, how many people do you have collecting polishes for you??

      It is a lovely mani though.

      Delete