31DC2018 Inspired By A Tutorial

Sunday 30 September 2018


Today is the second last day of 31DC2018!  Woohoo!  I quite like the last two themes of this challenge.  It is always fun (and terrifying) trying to recreate someone else's look.  For today's look I decided to try and recreate an abstract foil design from Paulina's Passion.  I have been looking at my collection of foils for quite some time thinking I really should use them and then Paulina's tutorial popped up along with today's prompt and ta-da!  Personally, I don't love my creation (I think it's my colours) but I still love Pauline's version.  It's so good!

For my mani I used Emily de Molly What A Day, Desert Blooms, Bright Retreat and Colour Alike B A Sunshine.  I used the White Gold foil from Dollar Nail Art Store.





Only one more day to go...



4 comments:

  1. I have seen the original inspiration and it is gorgeous but I really really love yours. I think the colours are super fun and summery. I am both obsessed and terrified of foil. I really need to get some plain metallic foils to play with. I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still prefer Paulina's mani over mine.

      Foils scare me too! Doing something like this though there is no need for them to be "perfect". They can be completely random and patchy. It just adds to the effect. I'll definitely be doing something like this again

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose. I think I have some foils that came in a little kit but I have never used them. Your mani is so pretty that I am going to try this one too and pull them out. I am soo tempted to copycat your mani for the last prompt. I might or might not, but you'll see once I post. I had another mani in mind to copy, but I really love this sooo much I really want this on my nails. Whoo Hoo you've almost made it though the 31DC218!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi. You definitely should break out the foils at some point. They look so pretty and shiny! I need to play with mine some more

      Delete