The Indie Spectrum October 2018 Box - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 12 September 2018


Hello again!  It's another double post day for me because I have some more new things to share!  I do love sharing all the new things (and I am also having fun doing the 31 day challenge and doing lots of nail art - it feels like ages since I have had a good run of nail art).  Anyway, today I have the new Indie Spectrum Box to share with you.  The theme for this month's box is Australian Myths And Legends and the contributors are Grace-full Nail Polish, Lilypad Lacquer, Sayuri Nail Lacquer and Bella Belle Nail Couture.


Bella Belle Nail Couture The Lights is a gold holo with copper flakies.  This polish is inspired by Min Min lights.  Now I am not usually one for gold polishes but I really like this one.  I also really like the added flakes.  They are subtle but it gives the polish something a little extra.  The formula is good and applies evenly.  I used three coats for my swatch as I found that it was a little to sheer for my personal taste after two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Grace-full Nail Polish Sacred Ground is a colour shifting chameleon that moves through pink, red, orange and gold.  This polish is inspired by the Curse Of Uluru.  This polish is definitely my favourite from this box.  It shifts so beautifully.  I did have a little trouble capturing all of the shifts on camera (we had perfect holo swatching weather - nothing but sunshine!).  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Lilypad Lacquer Minka is a deep berry violet base with green/blue/purple/gold chameleon flakes and green/red/purple colour shifting shimmer.  This polish is inspired by the Minka bird.  This is quite an interesting polish.  I find that it looks different on the nail to what it looks in the bottle.  The green is so obvious in the bottle but completely disappears on the nail.  I tried different angles and lighting and I couldn't see it at all.  It is still a pretty polish (both on the nail and in the bottle).  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sayuri Nail Lacquer Picnic Of The Lost is a demure rosy-brown creme with a pink shift and copper/pink duochrome micro particles.  This polish is inspired by Picnic At Hanging Rock.  This polish isn't really my cup of tea but I do think it's unique and the shimmer in it is pretty.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I think there are definitely some really pretty polishes in this box.  My personal favourites would have to be Sacred Ground and Minka.  

The October Box will be available 8pm Thursday 13th September until Thursday 20th September from The Indie Spectrum.  There will also be a live video in the Indie Spectrum Facebook Group 8pm AEST tomorrow (Thursday) if you are interested in checking that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment