OPI Peru Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 19 September 2018


OPI have recently released their Fall/Winter collection - the Peru Collection.  This collection consists of twelve shades all with a creme finish.  I received the mini sized bottles to swatch and review.  I personally am not a huge fan of working with minis (I just find them more difficult to work with than full sized bottles).  That being said, the mini OPI brushes are quite wide (they are basically the same size as the neck of the bottle) so they weren't terrible for me to use.  You will also notice that I have posed with an OPI Infinite Shine Top Coat bottle.  I didn't use this top coat for my swatches but I can't pose nicely with the mini bottles.  Right, now that is all said, let's take a look at Peru Collection!


Alpaca My Bags is described as a blue-green creme.  I feel like this polish is a bit of an odd man out in this collection.  All the other polishes seem to be from the same colour family.  That being said, I do like this polish.  I think it's quite an interesting colour.  The formula is good and it is opaque in two coats.


Como Se Llama? is a burgundy creme.  I'm really not sure what I can say about this one.  I don't love it and I don't hate it.  The formula is great though!  It applies evenly and has a good colour payoff.  You could get away with one coat if you wanted.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Don't Toot My Flute is described as a lilac creme.  I love this one!  I think the colour is gorgeous.  The formula is ok.  It is easy enough to use, however it does apply unevenly on the first coat.  My swatch shows two coats.


Grandma Kissed A Gaucho is a purple creme.  I love this one too!  The colour is gorgeous!  The formula is a little strange.  It is quite sheer on the first coat, but builds up surprisingly well on the second coat.  For me personally, it was a little too see through at the tips on the second coat so I added a third coat to my swatch.  You can get away with two coats though.


I Love You Just Be-Cusco is a red creme.  Reds really aren't my colour (especially cremes) so this one doesn't really excite me.  The formula is great and opaque in two coats.


Lima Tell You About This Color! is a pink creme.  This is definitely up my alley, however the formula is terrible.  It's patchy and a bit tricky to work with.  I'm not sure if this is the case with full sized bottles as well or not, but the mini wasn't fun.  My swatch shows three coats.


Machu Peach-U is a light peachy nude creme.  This one is opaque enough to be a two coater, however it does apply really unevenly so I needed three coats for my swatch.


My Solar Clock Is Ticking is a burnt red creme.  I think this is an interesting shade.  I don't think I have anything quite like it in my collection.  The formula is great and it applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Seven Wonders Of OPI is described as a mauve creme.  This is a nice colour.  I think it may look better on me if I had more of a tan though (bring on some sunshine!).  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats.


Somewhere Over The Rainbow Mountains is described as a rosy creme.  I don't love this one, but I don't hate it either.  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats.


Suzi Will Quechua Later! is described as a rose tinted creme.  I think this is a pretty colour.  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats.


Yes, My Condor Can-Do! is a dark purple creme.  This is definitely a great colour for Autumn/Winter.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.


I think this is quite an interesting collection.  It seems to stick to the same sort of colour families (pinks, reds, purples).  I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing though.  I personally love pinks and purples so I am ok with that, but I think if you are a lover of blues or greens then this collection is one to skip over.  If all of the formulas were more opaque, this collection would make for some great gradient manis.  My personal favourites would have to be Don't Toot My Flute and Grandma Kissed A Gaucho.  What do you think of this collection?

The Peru Collection is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment