Dance Legend Poinsettia (Part) Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 10 May 2019


I'm back with some more of the Dance Legend polishes that I was sent to review.  This time I have two polishes from the Poinsettia Collection.  This collection consists of six holographic polishes in shades of red, blue, green, silver and gold.  I believe this collection was released around Christmas time which would explain the names of the polishes as well as the colours.

03 Naughty On Ice is a clear blase filled with a mix of silver shimmer and holographic flakes.  I was hoping that this one would build up nicely but the glitter in this one is quite sparse which makes it really see through.  Next time I would definitely use this over a silver base.  Aside from being sheer, the formula is easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats, but as you can tell it is still quite sheer at the tips.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
04 Breaking Gingerbread is a clear blase filled with a mix of gold and holographic shimmer.  This one is a little more opaque than Naughty On Ice, but to save myself some time I decided to use it over Essie As Good As Gold.  I love this combination of polishes.  I think it's really pretty.  Like with Naughty On Ice this polish is easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats over Essie As Good As Gold.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I like both of these polishes.  They are both pretty and sparkly.  I do wish that the formulas were more opaque though - but there is nothing wrong with wearing a base colour as well.

The Poinsettia Collection is available now from Dance Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment