China Glaze Body & Sol Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 8 May 2019


China Glaze have recently released a new collection called Body & Sol.  I'm not going to lie, when I first saw this collection I hesitated buying it.  I honestly have a million and one nude polishes and they aren't polishes that I tend to grab for a heap, so did I really need more?  Well, apparently so because I added them to my cart and here we are.  Let's take a look at these polishes.


Beach Buff is a rosy nude with silver glitters.  This isn't really my shade at all.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly, however I did find that the formula drips off the brush really fast so you did need to be careful or you will end up with a big mess.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Beaches & Toes is a taupe colour with holographic glitters.  This is a nice colour and I do really like the sparkle that it has.  The formula is a little sheer but is easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Bronze Ambition is a brown polish with gold shimmer.  I don't care for this polish at all.  It's not my colour and I can't see me using it for nail art either.  This one is darker on the nails than it appears in the bottle.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Copper-tunist is a copper metallic.  I think this is a nice colour.  Like will all metallic polishes, this one does have some visible brush strokes but they aren't terrible.  The formula of this one is easy to use and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Glow-worthy is a gold-ish brown metallic with holographic glitter.  I like this one.  The formula is on the sheer side but is applies evenly and is easy to work with.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Send Hues is a purple-y brown jelly with gold glitter.  I quite like this polish, especially for a brown.  The formula is a little on the sheer side for my personal taste but it is easy to use.  While you can stop at two coats, I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Skinny Tipping is a dusty peachy nude with a red shifting shimmer.  Now I really like the shimmer in this one.  Pictures don't do it justice.  As for the base colour, I'm not a fan.  This one has a good formula - it's easy to use and applies evenly.  My swatch shows three coats, however you can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Tan-do Attitude is a tan polish with gold shimmer.  I do like the shimmer in this polish, I think it compliments the base colour nicely.  Formula wise this is definitely the most sheer of the collection.  I used three coats for my swatch, and do question whether I should have done a fourth as it is still quiet see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I don't really care for this collection.  I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either.  It's a little meh to me.  I know this collection is released as a summer collection but I am hoping that there will be another collection released for summer.  One that is full of bright and fun colours.

What do you think about this collection?

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches! I like two shades: Send Hues and Beaches & Toes. Was on the fence on this coppery one but now I'm sure it's a pass for me ;) Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those two would probably be my picks from this collection too.

      Delete