31DC2017 Inspired By A Book

Sunday 24 September 2017


I am pretty sure that every year I have done this challenge I have used a child's book for my inspiration.  There are a couple of reasons for that 1) I read children's books everyday with my daughter and 2) they make for easier nail art.  My skills (and brain) aren't super advanced so sticking with the children's themes really works well.  I had originally planned on doing Little Red Riding Hood but then changed my mind as I sat down to do today's mani.  My inspiration - Thelma The Unicorn.  She is a super cute pink horse that ends up with a sparkly mane and horn.  

Polishes used for this mani are Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence, Color Club Harp On It, French Tips, OPI Mod About You and Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  Both the unicorn and star images are from Uberchic Unicorn Love stamping plate.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Only seven more manis to go....

4 comments:

  1. Yes - Thelma the Unicorn. She was my inspiration in 2015. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. Thelma has been a new addition into our book collection this year. Olivia loves her

      Delete
  2. Great manicure, like the combination of the cute pink unicorn accent nail and the edgier black nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I stole to idea completely from the book.

      Delete