Rimmel Velvet Matte Nail Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 12 March 2015


Last week I was lucky enough to receive Rimmel's new Velvet Matte Nail Collection.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to swatch them last week (I had some visitors over from the UK) so instead I just had to drool over them in the bottles.  According to the press release this collection is "the ultimate matte nail collection in the most opulent must have shades of the season".  I couldn't agree more.  This collection is gorgeous for the cooler months ahead. 
  

I've never actually tried a Rimmel polish so I am not sure how the formulas compare to this collection, but the formulas of this collection are amazing.  They apply evenly, are highly pigmented (if you apply these carefully you could probably get away with only one coat) and dry super quick.  I used two coats for all of my swatches.

Matte-itude is matte black shade.  Perfect for chalkboard nails and other nail art.

Midnight Kiss is a matte royal blue and absolutely gorgeous.  I think this would look amazing with top coat as well.

Sumptuous Red is one that confused me a bit.  To me it looks a lot more purple than red.  That being said I love this colour.  I think it is stunning and would look amazing with top coat as well. 

Velvet Touch is a matte grey.  Super pretty colour.

Overall I absolutely love this collection.  I can see me wearing these a lot during winter and with shorter nails. 

The Velvet Matte collection RRP $8.95 each and will be available from March 2015 from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Kmart, Big W, selected pharmacies and selected Coles and Woolsworth.


3 comments:

  1. You do make them look lush...I'm so tempted. I rarely buy matte polishes as I think I can always use a matte top coat if I want to. Do you think there's anything different about the finish of matte polishes over a regular polish with a matte top coat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should Claire. And get the purple one and swatch it for me. I can't say I have ever really purchased matte polishes (that could be a lie but I can't think of any other than these ones that I have in my collection). These are slightly different to a straight up matte. They are kinda like a slightly silky matte rather than completely matte if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well they do say velvet. Perhaps I will have to bring the purple to live with me although it's an autumn/winter colour and we are just coming into spring but still..I can be a bit maverick...;)

    ReplyDelete