Glam Polish Hairspray Collection (My Picks) - Swatches & Review

Sunday 15 March 2015


A little while ago Glam Polish released their Hairspray Collection.  There was a few that caught my eye so of course it meant that they needed to come and live with me.  Whenever possible I usually like to buy the full collections of things (I'm weird like that) but I couldn't afford them at the time so a couple got left behind.  Today I am happy to share with you the gorgeous ones that I did pick up.


The formulas across the polishes I have are very consistent.  They apply easily and the dry time is pretty quick.  I used two coats for all of my swatches.

Hey Mama is a pink scattered holo.  It's a pretty polish.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Ladies Choice is an aqua based scattered holo with strong pink shimmer.  Such a gorgeous polish.  I think one day I will have to use it as a base for some mermaid nails.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

New Girl In Town is a coral scattered holo.  This one photographs slightly darker than what it looks in person.  Again it's a really pretty polish.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Timeless To Me is a red scattered holo.  This one is surprisingly opaque.  It could be a one coater if you don't mind a slight visible nail line.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Welcome To The 60s is a holographic polish filled with gold ultra glitter and tiny matte white and pink glitters.  This was the polish that originally caught my eye from this collection and boy did it impress me.  I'm not normally a huge gold fan but this baby is gorgeous and so unique.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Without Love is a purple scattered holo.  Stunning colour.  I do love my purples.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

I'm so happy with the polishes that I picked from this collection.  They are all so pretty and the formulas are fantastic.  I would have to say the real stand outs of the ones I have are Welcome To The 60s and Ladies Choice.  Both are amazing.

The Hairspray Collection is limited edition and is available for purchase from Glam Polish for $11 each or $96 for the entire collection (there are 9 polishes in total).






4 comments:

  1. The gold is really something! What is the texture like as it looks like full on glitter but I suspect that is the holgraphic particles? I would love to see Glam return to a few of the glitter crellies she used to make like as English weather often isn't the best to show off holos

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold one is amazing. Definitely one of my favorites and so unique too. Texture wise it was standard for that type of glitter. It's not perfectly smooth alone but not as textured as a textured polish. It only needs one coat of top coat for it to be perfectly smooth. And yes! I would love to see more glitter crellies too. Although a lot of the ones I own of hers are still untried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah just the sort of glitter I like! I'd love to see more like In Summer and Cloud Atlas that you wore the other day, even if they are fated to sit very prettily untouched in our helmers... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Cloud Atlas is gorgeous. I have a bit of a saying (I have no idea what you should actually call it) - it's better to have them sitting untried in a drawer than it is to decide too late that you want it and either can't get it or you have to pay an arm and a leg for it. I think it's the perfect justification for so many untried pretties :)

      Delete