Femme Fatale Cosmetics Beauty So Fly Exclusives - Swatches & Review

Sunday 29 March 2015


Tomorrow Femme Fatale Cosmetics have their presale happening for their April shades which I am dying to get my hands on (and extremely nervous that I will miss out on the limited editions).  I thought today would be a good time to break out their latest additions to my collection - the two exclusives which are only sold at Beauty So Fly

Before I jump into my review of the polishes I thought it would be good to talk about my experience shopping at Beauty So Fly.  This store is new to me.  In fact, I had never heard of it until I saw in the Femme Fatale facebook that there were two exclusives.  I found the turn around time from ordering to them being shipped quite long (it was just over a week).  I found this quite long particularly if you compare it to the other international stockists.  As for price, these polishes are roughly $15 each (before postage) so rather high.  I would definitely recommend group buys for these ones if you can.  Now onto the polishes.

Glass Carnival is a shimmering blue jelly with pink accents and silver holo.  I think this is a really pretty polish and it is super sparkly.  I found the application of this one quite easy.  Looking that the pictures it looks are those you can see the tips of my nails but this isn't noticeable in person.  I used three coats for my swatch.  

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Sideshow Sparkler has a rich purple base with soft green shimmer and multi coloured glitters and flakes.  This one is definitely my favorite of the two, although I was a little disappointed with the application of this one.  I find the brush tends to drag the polish off so the first coat I needed to use a semi dabbing technique to get the colour to stay on my nails.  I needed three coats for full coverage.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in lightbox

I do love both of these polishes.  In my perfect world I would have the old Femme Fatale bottles and brushes (application of all the polishes was so much better in these bottles) and I would have these polishes as collaborations rather than exclusives so the price of these isn't as high and are more accessible to us Australian customers.

Now these polishes are currently sold out on Beauty So Fly but I don't think they are limited edition so will hopefully return in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment