Femme Fatale Cosmetics January 2015 Releases - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 4 March 2015


At the start of the year,  Femme Fatale released seven polishes along with a colour of the month (which I posted about here).  Now I know that it is now March and that these polishes may be a little hard to come by with the change in the way Femme Fatale sell their polishes but they are way too pretty to just sit on my computer forever.



All Sanity Is Lost is a beautiful teal jelly polish filled with turquoise glitters, glitter shards and purple shimmer.  It's a gorgeous polish and applied responsibly well.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Alone In The Darkness is a dark teal base filled with blue, aqua and purple microglitters.  I found with this one I needed to semi dab the polish on as brushing it on normally was making the polish drag and leave bald patches (this is a common theme I have found with the polishes this year which I assume is because of the new brushes and not a change in formulas from last year).  I used two coats for my swatch.

Brain Link is a raspberry pink jelly filled with pink flakes and blue shimmer.  It is another beautiful polish (something you will hear me say a lot about the polishes in this release).  The formula was easy enough to work with but I found that even after three coats there was still visible nail line.  I think next time I wear it I will use it with undies.


In His House He Waits Dreaming is a brownish based jelly with teal holographic glitter and shimmer.  This one was a huge surprise for me.  When I swatched it on my sticks I wasn't a fan at all and wished that it looked more like it did in the bottle.  But on the nail, I actually quite like it.  I had to use three coats for my swatch to cover up the patchiness. 

Stand In The Clouds is a greenish blue jelly with green holographic glitters, gold glitter and a ton of golden shimmer as well.  Stunning polish and application was ok.  I needed three coats in order to remove the visible nail line.

Touch Of Madness is a magenta based jelly with pink and purple holographic microglitters.  Absolutely stunning polish both indoors and in the sunlight.  Stupidly, I forgot to take a pic in the sunlight.  I used three coats for my swatch as I still had a visible nail line after two coats.

Under The Waters has a bluish purple base with a blue/turquoise colour shift.  I had a hard time capturing the colour shift in my lightbox but you can see it on the nail.  I found the application on this one wasn't the greatest (again I think this is more so because of the brush than the actual formula itself).  I found that it applies patchy and streaky even in one brush stroke.  I needed three coats to get even coverage.


I do absolutely love all of the colours from the January release but the thing that disappoints me is the new brushes in the new bottles.  I find that they don't apply the polishes as well as the previous brushes but the colours are definitely worth the effort.

Femme Fatale polishes are available here and have new colours releasing each month.  Some of these polishes may return so it is worth checking their site if you are interested.  Femme Fatale also have a number of international stockists that may also have these polishes in stock.


   








2 comments:

  1. They have such depth! Bizarrely for me I'm really taken with Stand in the Clouds. I adore the gold shimmer through it! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire. I am a huge fan of Stand In The Clouds too. Sophie does make amazing polishes.

    ReplyDelete