Grace-Full Nail Polish The Peacock Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 28 March 2015


Grace-Full Nail Polish is back with another stunning collection of polishes - The Peacock Collection.  This collection has a range of polishes from cremes to jellies to glitters and are all in peacock colours with names inspired by Katy Perry's Peacock song.  Today I am going to share with you eleven of the thirteen polishes from the collection.  Brace yourself because this is going to be a bit of a long post.

Amazin' is a difficult one to describe because it looks so different in different lights.  It can be a dark periwinkle, a slate blue, or a deep lilac.  For the most part to me it looks more lilac but my camera wanted to change it blue and not a blue that I had seen the polish look in any light.  I did alter my picture so make the polish more colour accurate.  Now the formula of this one is amazing.  It's so easy to use and is super opaque.  I think with careful application you could probably get away with one coat.  I used two for my swatch.

Body Shakin' is a Kelly green base with micro super holographic lime/gold glitter.  And boy oh boy does this baby sparkly.  The formula was easy to work with (I semi dabbed on the first coat and brushed on the second coat).  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Eye Poppin' is a deep purple creme.  Theresa did mention that this polish is thin and is best to apply thin coats to build up the colour. I used two normal thickness coats and found that it built up in two coats nicely.  It does look a sheer on the first coat but it's nothing to be worried about.  The formula is easy to use.

Ground Shakin' is a light teal jelly base filled with three different sized teal glitters.  This polish is absolutely gorgeous and so sparkly.  I used two semi dabbed coats (the glitters like to stick together so they needed a little guiding and separation) and two coats of top coat to give it a perfectly smooth finish.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Head Turnin' is a deep green based filled with metallic emerald fine glittters and a sprinkle of lime/gold super holohgraphic glitter.  The formula was easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Heart Throbbin' has a aqua jelly base with aqua glitter with a green shimmer in it.  This polish is stunning and easily one of my favorites in the collection.  Even my partner stopped to comment how nice and sparkly this polish is.  The formula was easy to work with.  I believe this polish is a two coater but I did do three because I really couldn't tell with all the sparkle if it was opaque or not.  But you can never have too much sparkle can you? 

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Jaw Droppin' is a beautiful bright blue creme.  It applies easily (although looks a little sheer on the first coat) and builds up perfectly in two coats.

Mister Mystery is a purple shimmer with micro flakies in hot pink, blue and violet.  I can't even begin to tell you how gorgeous this polish is in real but how difficult it is to photograph.  My camera changed it to a completely blue polish so I have had to alter my picture so please ignore the weird hand colour in my lightbox picture.  It was the best I could do to get the polish accurate (which is more important than my hand colour).  The formula on this is super easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Rainbow Looking is a deep blurple base jelly with small glitters in bright gold, teal, evergreen, aqua, turquoise, purple, sapphire, lime green and navy.  Such a pretty polish and the formula was easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Show Stoppin' is a metallic sapphire glitter of different sizes in a blue jelly base.  Stunning polish.  I don't think how gorgeous it is really translates into pictures.  It's definitely one that you must see in person to really appreciate its beauty.  The formula is great too.  It appears a little sheer on the first coat but builds up perfectly in two coats.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Walk The Walk is a glitter bomb with a deep blue base, filled with glitters in green, aqua, bright blue, silver, emerald, sapphire and purple in dots, hexes and triangle shapes.  I found the base to be a little on the sheer side and the larger glitters tended to stick together so needed to be placed.  A dabbing technique is definitely better for this polish.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in lightbox
I think this is a fantastic collection with a great mix of polishes.  My personal favorites are Heart Throbbin', Ground Shakin', Mister Mystery and Amazin'.

The Peacock Collection is now available from Grace-Full Nail Polish





No comments:

Post a Comment