Favourite Stamping Plates 2018

Sunday 30 December 2018


Trying to sort through and decide my favourite polishes (both mainstream and indie) has proven to be extremely difficult.  Stamping plates on the other hand are definitely a little easier for me to pick my favourites.  Maybe because there is less to choose from than there are polishes?  Or maybe I just fall in love with polish more so than plates.  Who knows.  While I did aim to have a top ten for stamping plates I actually ended up with a top thirteen.  Here are my favourite stamping plates (in no particular order) for 2018.


Emily de Molly EDM39
Emily de Molly don't do a lot of stamping plates but when they do they are awesome.  They stamp beautifully and have some of the most unique designs.  You can see some of the manis I did using this plate here.
 
Image from Emily de Molly
Lina Nail Art Supplies Lets Doodle 02
Lina hit it out of the park with this stamping plate!  I absolutely love the first plate in this range and this second plate is no different.  There are so many images on here that just scream my name.  You can see the manis I did with this plate here.

Picture from Lina Nail Art Supplies
Lina Nail Art Supplies Totally Negative 01 & 02
This is another one of the plate series that Lina does that I absolutely love.  I mean can you go wrong  with negative space images?  They work perfectly with the sponge backgrounds that I love to do!  You can see the manis I did with Totally Negative 01 here and Totally Negative 02 here.

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies

Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies
Uberchic Beauty Art Deco & Art Deco Flair
The two plates in the Art Deco range both feature a bunch of really awesome full sized images.  I think the make for some really fantastic manis.   You can see how I used the Art Deco plate here and Art Deco Flair plate here.


Image from Uberchic Beauty

Image from Uberchic Beauty
Uberchic Beauty Collection 24, 25 & 27
Uberchic collections are really the first thing that drew me to the brand all those years ago (well in fairness they were the only things that they were releasing when they first stated).  They always have such great images on their plates, particularly the full sized images.  If I am honest, I rarely pay any attention to the single images on the plates in the collections.  You can find individual pics as well as manis that I have done with these plates here - Collection 24, Collection 25 and Collection 27.

Image from Uberchic Beauty

Image from Uberchic Beauty

Image from Uberchic Beauty
Uberchic Beauty Got Chevron 02
Uberchic released the first Got Chevron plate and I instantly fell in love.  When I found out they were releasing a second plate I knew it would be love at first site.  And it most definitely is.  The Got Chevron plates would easily be some of my favourite plates that Uberchic have ever done!  You can see the manis I did using this plate here.

Image from Uberchic Beauty
Uberchic Beauty Moroccan Beauty & Moroccan Delight
The Moroccan series is another one of my all time favourite series that Uberchic have ever done.  I think all the images on both plates are gorgeous and make for some really fantastic manis.  You can see how I used Moroccan Beauty here and Moroccan Delight here.

Image from Uberchic Beauty

Image from Uberchic Beauty

It has definitely been a good year for stamping plates!  I am excited to see what brands do next year.  I am really hoping for some more plates in some of my favourite series.

What plates have you been loving?  Are there some that you think I need to try out?  Let me know in the comments.  Tomorrow is my last day of favourites - it's my nail art favourites.  Eek!  I'm scared.  These are going to be so difficult to narrow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment