Favourite Indie Polishes 2018

Saturday 29 December 2018


I think I can say that this is by far the hardest type of blog post that I do each year.  I can't even begin to tell you how long it took me to narrow down my indie favourites for this year.  There have been soooooooo many amazing indie polishes this year.  I originally started with 98 favourites (yes that's right - 98 favourites) and I some how managed to narrow it down to my top 25.  I did try to bring my favourites down to a top 20 but I couldn't do it.  I have excluded any of Emily de Molly Limited Edition polishes because....well now I am thinking about it again, I'm not sure why.  I think mainly it was to make my job easier.  I also haven't included any of the polishes that I put in my favourite collections post.  There is definitely quite a few indie polishes in there.  Anyway, as per usual this post isn't in any particular order.



EMILY DE MOLLY
Emily de Molly killed it with their releases this year!  They made up to bulk of my favourites for the year (there were over 60 of them) and they were probably the hardest to cut back on.

Dancing Through Sunday was part of the August Releases.  Pictures really don't do this polish justice.  It's so much prettier in person.

Picture taken in light box
Just Your Type is one of my new favourites.  This polish was released early this month and stole my heart.  It's a stunner!  You can find more pictures of this beauty here.

Picture taken in light box
Save Your Boredom was also released this month.  I love this one!  I think this would have to be one of my all time favourite EdMs, along with Sea Of Lies which is also in my favourites for this year.

Picture taken in light box
Seventh Seal is the last one from December's release.  I think this polish is awesome both with and without the magnet.
  
Picture taken in light box
Linked Irony is a polish from February's release.  This is such an interesting and cool polish.  I don't own anything like it!  It also looks really cool with nail art over it.

Picture taken in light box
Made Of Emotion was part of the releases in July.  This polish screams my name!  I'm not sure what else I need to say about this one.

Picture taken in light box
Perfect Moments is another July release.  I'm not too sure if I have even put a thermal polish in my end of year favourites before, but this one is a definite must.  It's perfect in both states.

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Charismatic Puzzle was originally released in March.  I actually have a few polishes I love from the March release, which I will share with you in a minute.  As you may be aware, I love multichrome polishes and this one shifts beautifully.

Picture taken in light box
Prismatic Mode is another favourite from the March release.  Flakies are always a favourite of mine, and this is one is awesome.  Not only does it have flakies, it also is a gorgeous colour and has holo!

Picture taken in light box
Sharp Turn is the last of my favourites that were released in March.  We all know that I am a sucker for pink polishes - and neon pink is even better!

Picture taken in light box
Travels By Day was released back in May this year and it was love at first sight.  It's funny to think that I had no real interest in magnet polishes until this year.

Picture taken in light box
Winter's Gate is another polish released back in May.  This is such a delicate and beautiful shade.

Picture taken in light box
Sea Of Lies is easily one of my all time favourite polishes that Emily de Molly have ever released.  Given how quickly this polish keeps selling out I'm guessing I am not the only one who feels this way.  If you haven't already grabbed it then definitely do!  You can see more of my swatches and my actually review here.

Picture taken in light box
3 Words, One Song was released as part of the Polish Pick Up in October.  It was actually a toss up between this one and Opal Illusion (which was one of the Facebook exclusives) but I think I love this colour a little more.

Picture taken in light box
Perfect Formation was the January Polish Pick Up shade and my first ever PPU shade.  Apart from the fact that this polish is absolutely stunning, this polish is one that was pretty hard to get.  It was released at 3am (Melbourne time) and sold out incredibly fast.  How I managed to get it whilst being heavily medicated (I just had an operation) is beyond me.

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Memory Maker is part of the Valentine's Trio from this year.  This is such a gorgeous trio.  I actually had two of the three polishes in my favourites for the year but I had to cut down the favourites.  This one obviously made the cut. 

Picture taken in light box
GRACE-FULL NAIL POLISH
Grace-full is another one of my all time favourite indie brands.  I have quite the collection and have really loved watching them grow over the years.  This year I feel as been a bit of a quieter year for Grace-full but that hasn't stopped the polishes from being amazing.

Gram's Unicorn is a polish from the Charmed Again Collection.  This is definitely a very 'me' polish and hands down one of the greatest polishes released from Grace-full.

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Hair-o-ine is part of the Enchanted Fables Collection.  I actually have a few from this collection that made it into this post.  I probably could have put the whole collection as a favourite to be honest.  It's an awesome collection.  Anyway, this polish was love at first sight.  It's seriously drool worthy.

Picture taken in light box
Pick Your Poison is also from the Enchanted Fables Collection.  This is definitely a bit of a surprise for me seems it is a red polish but it is so close to pink which is why I  love it.  Plus the formula is amazing!

Picture taken in light box
Siren Tale is the last polish I have from the Enchanted Fables Collection.  I mean who doesn't love a mermaid polish?  I also did some mermaid nail art with this polish which I also love.  It may make it into my nail art favourites but we will have to see.  I am having so much trouble narrowing those down too.

Picture taken in light box
Moon Face is from the Faraway Collection.  This is one of those polishes that looks stunning on it's own, with nail art or as a simple accent nail.  It's some serious bling!

Picture taken in light box
Son Of Jacob is from the Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum Collection.  I am obsessed with this polish!  Theresa asked me a little while ago what polish she should wear for a couple of days and this was my pick. - but without the magnet.  Don't get me wrong, I love it with the magnet, but without the magnet is even better.  It's so shifty and definitely one that you couldn't get bored of.

Picture taken in light box
Magical Muses is the August Polish Pick Up shade.  I love this polish in each of the states.  It's so pretty.

Picture taken in light box
Miss Speedster is the June Polish Pick Up shade.  This was love at first sight and I think the best Polish Pick Up shade that Grace-full have done so far.  I'm excited to see what else Grace-full do for the Polish Pick Up.

Picture taken in light box
Lilypad Lacquer
I don't tend to buy many Lilypad polishes but there was one polish this year that I saw swatches of I just had to have it.

Cuddle Team Leader was released as part of June's Polish Pick Up.  There was no doubt that this polish was going to be making it into my favourites for 2018.  This polish is just as amazing in person as it is in pictures.  I wore it for a week and could have happily kept wearing it.

Picture taken in light box
What an absolutely amazing year it has been for the indie girls!  I am beyond excited to see where these girls take us in 2019!  Bring on the new polishes!

Which indie brand has been your favourite this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment