Favourite Nail Art 2018

Monday 31 December 2018


It's officially the last day of 2018 which also means it it my last blog post for this year.  Woohoo!  It's been a little bit of an up and down year (both personally and nail wise) but I've made it through!  Today I have my top twenty (ish) nail art manis that I have down this year.  I do really love looking back at the nail art that I have done.  Like with all of my other favourites post this isn't in any particular order.  Basically, it's whatever order my computer has put them in.  Right - onto the nail art! 


This stamping image from Pueen is probably one of my most used and definitely one of my favourite images among my stamping collection.  It always makes for great manis.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, Pretty Serious Cosmetics Poppet and Bunny Foo-Foo and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


These matte neon polishes from Color Club make for some are nail art.  Polishes used are Color Club Study Buddy, All Dolled Up and Cliff Notes, and stamped with Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  Image is from Uberchic Love And Marriage 04.


This next image is one of the images that sold me on buying Lina Nail Art Supplies 4 Seasons - Winter 02 stamping plate.  I have seen so many awesome manis using this image - and I love mine.  For this mani I used China Glaze Stone Cold and stamped using Hit The Bottle Looking For Mr Grey, A Flock Seagulls and Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.


Negative space images plus multi-coloured sponged bases are always a win in my books.  Especially when it involves the Pretty Serious Cosmetics Pastel Pets Collection.  I used the entire first Pastel Pets Collection and stamped using Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night.  Image from Lina Nail Art Supplies Totally Negative 01.



Have I mentioned that I love multi-coloured sponged backgrounds?  I think I started doing these last year and I am still obsessed with them.  They are easy to do and usually turn out pretty awesome.  For this mani I used Picture Polish Chillax, Swagger, Mad Magenta and Candy, and Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from Uberchic 23-02.


You can never go wrong with zig zags or zig zags or whatever it is you want to call them.  Uberchic Beauty released their second Got Chevron plate and I am in love.  For the gradient I used China Glaze I Got A Blue Attitude and That's Shore Bright, and stamped using Hit The Bottle's Snowed In.


This is another mani I did using Uberchic Got Chevron 02.  Seriously, if you don't have this plate then you definitely need it.  I don't think you can fail with it.  For this mani I used the entire OPI Retro Summer Collection and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


I have always been a huge fan of simple manis and this is one of them.  I love the shift within the polish along with the image.  It really gives me serious dragon vibes.  The base colour is OPI Just Spotted The Lizard, stamping polish is Hit The Bottle As Black As Night and image is from Powder Perfect Kings & Castles 1.


Lead Lighting is one of those techniques that I go through stages with.  I do it lots and then I have large gaps where I forget that it exists.  It's still really, because I usually love the result.  For this mani I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Presence and a bunch of custom made tints from Emily de Molly.


Black and white manis are always amazing.  They are easy to do, they look awesome by themselves or as an accent nail.  This particular mani is probably one of my all time favourite manis that I have ever done.  This mani was the first ever mani I did using one of the stamping plates from Marianne Nails.  OMG!  The quality of these plates are amazing!  But I'm getting side tracked.  For this mani I used Color Club's French Tips and Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from Marianne Nails EYNails No.1.


Honestly, I can't decide if I love the black and white version or the coloured version of this mani more so I have included them both.  For this version I used Color Club's French Tips and my neon pink and yellow custom tips from Emily de Molly.


This mani is easily a favourite of mine and apparently a lot of my followers.  I have been tagged in quite a few recreations and have even seem some others copy it (sadly without credit).  I do love seeing recreations of my manis so if you ever do one make sure you tag me so I can see it.  For this mani I used China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, Thistle Do Nicely, I'll Pink To That and Bottoms Up.  Stamping polish is Hit The Bottle As Black As Night and image is from Lina Nail Art Supplies Totally Negative 02 stamping plate.


I have always loved butterfly images and this mani has made me love dragonfly images as well.  For my base I sponged on China Glaze Are You Orchid-ing Me, Tart-y For The Party and Stop Beach Frontin' and stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.  Image is from Uberchic 26-01.


I think that this is my most liked mani on Instagram for this year and I can see why.  It is such a cool mani.  For my base I used Emily de Molly All The Feelings over Borrowed Time and stamped using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from Uberchic 25-03.


Again, lead lighting for the win!  It's simple but effective.  Polishes used are Color Club French Tips (base), Out Of The Blue and Darling Clementine.


Layered stamping manis are one of the things that I struggle with.  I think it's my curved nails that through the images off.  This mani, however seemed to line up pretty well and I couldn't be happier with the result.  For my base I used Essie Backseat Bestie and stamped using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night and Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.


Dry brush manis are those manis that I really should do more often.  I love this one - especially mattified.  For my base I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and dry brushed using OPI You're So Outta Lime, Pink Friday, I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Sailing & Nail-ing, and You're Such A Budapest.  Image is from Uberchic 21-02.


Most of the time when I go to do my nails I have some sort of plan, however this mani I went in with absolutely no idea what I was going to do.  Luckily for me, I love the result.  Polishes used are Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, China Glaze Athlete Chic, More To Explore. Water-Falling In Love, Wait N' Sea and UV Meant To Be.  Stamping polish is Hit The Bottle Snowed In and image is from Uberchic Moroccan Delight.


This is another mani I did using Uberchic's Moroccan Delight stamping plate.  This plate is a favourite of mine for very good reason.  The images are awesome and make for amazing nail art.  For this mani I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Fluffykins, Peachie Poo, Bon Bon, Cutie Patootie, Little Duckling and Bunny Foo-Foo, and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


I did two very similar mermaid manis this year and it killed me having to cut one of them from this post but it really made no sense to keep both manis.  So how did I decide?  Well this one was the more recent so it stuck in my mind.  It's one of those manis that I wish I could have kept on longer.  My base is Grace-full Nail Polish Siren Tale and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  Image is from Bundle Monster BM-XL211.


This is one of my most recent favourite manis.  Matte bases with metallic stamping are amazing and definitely something I want to do more in 2019.  Polishes used are Lavendare To Find Courage (which I mattified using Picture Polish's G'Day Matte), China Glaze Admire and Hit The Bottle Snowed In.  Images are from Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 06 and Opposites Attract.


That brings us to the end of my favourites for 2018.  While narrowing down my favourites is so difficult I do really enjoy seeing them all together in a post.  I hope you guys have enjoyed seeing these posts.

A huge thank you to you all for visiting my blog throughout this year.  I hope you have enjoyed my posts.  Feel free to let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see and I will see what I can do.  I'll see you all next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment