Color Club Hypnotic Hologram Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 12 December 2018


Every now and again Color Club pop up with a new collection - but sadly they don't really seem to advertise them.  I also struggle to find swatches online as well, which usually means I have to take a gamble if I want to buy them.  Anyway, I saw that there was the new Hypnotic Hologram Collection which I thought would be interesting.  I mean it is holographic (who doesn't love holo?) and I also like Color Clubs holos so I jumped in a grabbed it.  Mind you it has taken me a good month (maybe two) to actually get around to swatching it - thanks for the lack of sunshine Melbourne! But now I have it to share with you.


Before I dive into the swatches and my review I just wanted to say that I am not entirely sure if these polishes are meant to be glitter toppers or polishes to wear alone.  They are all very sheer - especially on the first coat but most of them do build up nicely in three coats.  There are two in this collection that are more sheer than the others but I will get into those in a minute. Each of these are super sparkly but I'm not sure if the sparkle really translates in pictures.

Ain't It Grand has a clear base filled with gold holographic glitters.    Gold isn't usually my choice of polish but this one I will make an exception for.  It's so beautiful.  This one has probably one of the thickest formulas but it is easy to work with.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Bougie Baby has a clear base filled with blue holographic glitters.  Now this is one of the really sheer ones.  It doesn't seem to have has much glitter in it.  It definitely is a gorgeous polish though.  For my swatch I used four coats and sponged a fifth coat on.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
On The List has a clear base filled with silver holographic glitters.  I love, love, love this one!  It's sooooo sparkly.  This one builds up to be opaque in three coats which is what I used for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Poppin' Bottles has a clear base filled with redy orange (?) and gold holographic glitters. I honestly wasn't expecting to like this one as much as the others, but I love it.  There is something about this colour that is actually really pretty.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Take Me To VIP has a clear base filled with purple holographic glitters.  Now this one is the other really sheer one in this collection.  Like with Bougie Baby this one appears to not be as glitter heavy as the others so it takes forever to build it up.  It's such a beautiful colour though.  For my swatch I used one coat and then sponged another two coats over the top.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Top Shelf has a clear base filled with pink holographic glitters.  This is actually the first one that I wore from this collection and it was honestly love at first sight.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I am obsessed with this collection.  These babies are seriously so sparkly - I love them all.  They are definitely perfect for the holiday season, especially if you love blingy nails.  I'm trying to decide which one I want to wear for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment