Favourite Polish Collections 2018

Thursday 27 December 2018


Hello!  I hope you guys have had a really enjoyable and fun Christmas/Holiday break.  I know I did.  Christmas is always such a great time for our family.  Anyway, if you don't know towards the end of each year I usually do a few favourites posts (for polishes, stamping plates, nail art etc) to round up the year.  I know I like seeing what things others have loved and I do quite like looking back at all the things that have been released throughout the year.  These types of posts will also be great to look at again in a few years time to see how much my tastes have changed.  To kick off my favourites I'm going to look at all of my favourite collections from this year.  


Now I am being really tough and trying to cut back on listing about a hundred things in each of these posts.  I am happy to report that today's favourites are relatively small.  Woohoo!  I've included a mix of mainstream and indie polishes as well as some stamping polishes.  Like with previous end of year favourites this post only includes collections that were released in 2018 and not collections that were released in previous years that I only swatched and reviewed this year. This post is not in any particular order because that would just be way to hard to do.

Mainstream Collections

Color Club
A little bit of a disclosure when it comes to Color Club.  I only buy the collections that I am interested in so there is also a much higher chance of me liking what I buy.  Take for example the three collections I am about to share.  They are all holo based and all similar colours across the collections so it just makes sense that they all fit into this favourites post.

Color Club Halo Chrome Collection 
When I first ordered this collection I was honestly thought it would be basically a regular looking holo.  Well I was certainly very surprised with how chrome these actually are.  I don't have anything else like them in my collection.  I'm a huge fan.  You can see more swatches and my original review here.


Color Club Halo Crush Collection
I love that Color Club have made such good variations with their holo collections.  I am such a fan of all of their holos.  You can find my original post of this collection here.



Color Club Hypnotic Hologram Collection
This collection took me quite some time to swatch but OMG this collection is AMAZING.  I'm not really sure pictures do the sparkle justice.  The only thing that I would change is the formula.  They are a little sheer for me but for that sparkle I'm more than happy to do three coats.  You can find more swatches and my review of this collection here 



OPI
OPI have released some really fantastic collections this year and while I do really like a lot of them I have managed to cut it down to one favourite collection - the Metamorphosis Collection.
 
OPI Metamorphosis Collection
As much as I love my cremes I am always going to be a sucker for sparkly polishes.  Fun fact, OPI glitters were among some of my first polishes that really started my collecting of polish.  The Metamorphosis Collection is a six piece collection of gorgeous glitters.  I love the combinations and I am excited to play with these some more over other base colours.  I wish I had more nail hours in the day to play with them.  The Metamorphosis Collection blog post can be found here.
    

Indie Collections 

Emily de Molly
Emily de Molly is one of my all time favourite brands.  The formulas are always on point and the range of colours and finishes is amazing.  I probably could put the majority of the releases in this post but I am showing some restraint.  I'm not sure if I will be able to say the same thing when it comes to writing my favourite indies post.
  
Emily de Molly April 2018 Releases 
It's safe to say that Emily de Molly kills it when it comes to their polishes every month.  I am already dreading having to narrow down my indie favourites.  I mean how amazing was the April release?  I can't fault it!  You can find more swatches and my review of this release here.



Emily de Molly September 2018 Releases
Back in September Emily de Molly released a heap of new creme polishes and some toppers.  I am always such a huge fan of creme polishes and Hayley makes some of the best!  And the toppers from this release were magical.  If you want a run down on each of the polishes or want to see more swatches you can find my original blog posts here.


Grace-full Nail Polish
Grace-full are another favourite brand of mine.  They too have great formulas and an awesome range of finishes and colours.
    

Grace-full Nail Polish A Day At The Beach Collection
Bright and shiny polishes - what isn't there to love? All of these polishes are perfect for summer and the formulas are amazing.  I have zero complaints.  You can find more swatches of these in my post here.


Grace-full Nail Polish Fan Selection Collection
One of the things that I love about Facebook is the polish groups.  They are so interactive.  Grace-full is one of the brands that do collections and polishes based on fan suggestions.  This is easily a favourite of mine.  The colours are all gorgeous and of course the formulas are amazing.  You can find the original post here.


Grace-full Nail Polish Sweet Treats Collection
Have I mentioned that I am a huge fan of creme polishes?  LOL.  Grace-full recently released the Sweet Treats Collection which has a bunch of gorgeous cremes and one thermal polish (which is also creme based).  I love that these are all bright and summery (those are usual my favourite types of polishes to wear).  You can see the original post for this collection here.


Pretty Serious Cosmetics
I honestly have gone a little back and forth when it comes talking about Pretty Serious Cosmetics. They have certainly had a lot of drama this year and sadly have closed their doors.  But one thing is for sure - they have made some awesome polishes.

Pretty Serious Cosmetics Pastel Pets 2 Collection
I am a massive fan of the first Pastel Pets Collection from Pretty Serious Cosmetics (they are still probably my favourite collection the Pretty Serious ever did) and the Pastel Pets 2 Collection is fantastic also.  I love the colours and have reached for them time and time again for nail art.  You can see my review of each of the shades here.


Stamping Polishes

Hit The Bottle
You can never go wrong with Hit The Bottle stamping polishes.  They have such an amazing range of colours and they also stamp so beautifully.
   

Hit The Bottle Fruit Tingles Collection
Originally I was going to be doing a separate post for stamping polishes but looking back over the year of the stamping polishes I have used I realized that this is really the only collection of stamping polishes that I have truly love!  There are other stamping polishes that I also really like but like I mentioned earlier I am trying to cut back on my favourites.  This collection is full of gorgeous pastel stamping polishes and each stamp beautifully.  You can find the Fruit Tingles Collection blog post here.


I really could list so many more great collections as there have been quite a few this year, but in order of cutting back these are my hands down favourites from 2018.  What collections have you loved this year?

Tomorrow I will have my favourite mainstream polishes from this year.  I have absolutely no idea how I am going to cut these down.  This will be interesting.  I'll see you guys tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment