January 2018 Favourites

Wednesday 31 January 2018


This is my second (and hopefully last) attempt at writing my monthly favourites.  I completed the entire post and sadly it didn't save at all and has now gone.  So now this is my January favourites 2.0....  I really enjoyed doing my monthly favourites last year (and I think you guys enjoyed reading them) so they are coming back in 2018!  Last year I used each of my monthly favourites to help me decide my overall favourites for the year.  Sadly for me, picking my end of year favourites was extremely hard because I had way too many favourites throughout the year.  This year I have decided that I need to be tougher with my choices each month.  It's definitely going to be a challenge for me, but luckily this month has been a quiet month with new releases so I am off to a good start.  Let's have a look at the things I have been loving this month.


Nail Art
If you see this collage on Instagram then it may look as though I have pretty much chosen all of the manis that I posted.   This is definitely not the case.  I don't post everything on Instagram these (IG and I aren't really friends) so it's really only my favourite manis that make their way over there.  If you want to see all of my manis that I do then following my blog is the best way.

I know there are still quite a lot of nail art favourites this month but I really tried to narrow them down.  There were some others that I could have added but I was tough (ish).  One thing that I have found interesting is the amount of grey manis that I have fallen in love with this month.  Certainly different from my usual neon or pastel manis (although they do make an appearance still).


Stamping Plates
As I mentioned earlier, this month has been pretty quiet in terms of new releases.  I did play with a mixture of some new plates as well as plates that I purchased last year but never got around to swatching.

Uberchic Collection Twenty Three
There is a fantastic mix of images among these plates.  I am definitely a huge fan and will be getting a lot of use out of them.  You can see the manis I did with these plates along with pictures of each of the individual plates here.

Image from Uberchic
Uberchic Love & Marriage 04 
I love girly manis, they are among some of my favourite manis to do and wear.  With that being said, it should come as no surprise that I love this plate.  It is full of girly images and lots of potential for girly manis.  You can see the manis I have done with this plate in this post here.

Image from Uberchic
Indie Polishes
Sadly, I really haven't had too many indie polishes on my blog this month (like I said it has been a quiet month).  In fact, I have only shared polishes from one brand - Emily de Molly.  Not that that is a bad thing because I love Emily de Molly polishes!  But it is nice to share the love around.

Emily de Molly Perfect Formation
Ahh the polish that I some how managed to get my hands on at 3am whilst in hospital and heavily medicated (in case you didn't know I had an operation earlier this month).  This polish was from the Polish Pick Up and was limited edition - only 100 bottles were available!  I fell in love with the swatches and I fell in love even more when I saw it in person.  It's so beautiful.  You can see more of my swatches here.

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Emily de Molly Limited Edition polishes 2017
There were six polishes that I purchased late last year that I was meant to swatch but never got the chance to until recently.  They are all great shades and I am happy to have them in my collection.  I was tough and managed to narrow my favourites down to three polishes - LE64 (top picture), LE61 (bottom left) and LE63 (bottom right).  You can see more swatches of these polishes and the other limited edition polishes in this post here.


This is probably my shortest favourites post ever - or at least I think it is.  January is definitely a quiet month when it comes to new releases but I imagine there will be a lot of new things coming our way in the coming months.  February will definitely be a month full of favourites - I have quite a few things already to play with and there is some amazing stuff!  I also have my eye on a few things that I want to buy.  I am excited!

Let me know what you have been loving this month or what you have your eye on to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment