Emily de Molly Polish Pick Up January 2018 - Swatches & Review

Sunday 21 January 2018


I am officially back painting my nails again!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have colour back on my nails.  I nearly spent two weeks with naked nails and it was horrible.  Not that there is anything wrong with having naked nails - they just aren't for me.  Anyway, earlier this week I received my first nail mail of 2018 - a big box of Emily de Molly's!  Woohoo!  The box mainly consists on polishes from the recent sample sale (which I will be swatching my way through soon and sharing) but there was one really special polish in there - my first ever Polish Pick Up polish.

In case you are like me and don't really know anything about the Polish Pick Up, then let me fill you in.  Basically it's a group that runs a new theme each month and then indie maker's work their magic and create some limited edition masterpieces.  Polishes (and the other goodies) are only sold once in the month (I want to say that it is around the first weekend of the month).  This month's theme is Crystals and Gemstones.  Emily de Molly released one hundred bottles of Perfect Formation - and boy did these babies sell fast!  Luck was definitely on my side when I grabbed my bottle.  Not only was it released at 3am here but it was also on the night after my operation so I was heavily medicated at the time.

Perfect Formation is a dark blue/purple with heavy copper shimmer and ultra holographic silver microglitters.  I fell head over heels from the swatches I saw and it hasn't disappointed me at all.  It's such a stunning colour and the formula is perfect.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Unfortunately this polish isn't available anymore, however I can tell you that Emily de Molly is participating in February's Polish Pick Up.  To stay up to date with releases etc head over to the Polish Pick Up Facebook Group.

Did you manage to get your hands on this polish? 

No comments:

Post a Comment