Color Club Halo Chrome Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 4 June 2018


Long time no post!  I didn't mean for this post to be as delayed as it is.  I have just started doing some training for my new job (I've signed up to become a Thermomix Consultant!) which has taken longer than I had expected.  It's also been a busy few days with my normal daily tasks so blogging has taken a mini side step.  Never fear, I am not disappearing.  I do have plenty of blog posts planned for June.  

Anyway, today I have a new collection from Color Club to share with you - the Halo Chrome Collection.  This collection features six holo polishes with a metallic finish.  I really wasn't quite sure what to expect from these polishes.  I was really thinking that they wouldn't be too different from the original Halo Hues collection but the finish on them really makes a huge difference.  They definitely have that metallic finish too them.  I don't think my swatches really show the metallic of them as well but it's really noticeable in person.


Beg, Borrow & Steel is a silver holo with a metallic finish.  I think this is such a cool polish.  The  formula is a little on the sheer side so that was a bit disappointing.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Good As Gold is a gold holo with a metallic finish.  I'm not really one for gold polishes but I quite like this one.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Is It Love Or Luster? is a pink holo with a metallic finish.  This is definitely one of my favourites from this collection.  I love the colour and the formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Metal Of Honor is a purple holo with a metallic finish.  Another favourite of mine!  Again, I love the colour and formula.  This one doesn't appear as metallic like as the others in this collection.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Oh The Irony is a blue holo with a metallic finish.  This is my kind of blue.  It's so pretty.  Like with Metal Of Honor, this one isn't as metallic like as some of the other polishes in this collection.   I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Tough Than Nails is a green holo with a metallic finish.  I think this is a gorgeous green and again the formula is great.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
I was pleasant surprised by this collection.  I honestly was expecting them to look so much like the Halo Hues Collection but the metallic finish makes a big difference.  The formulas across the collection are great.  They all apply well and evenly.  They are more holo than they appear in my pictures - it's winter here in Melbourne so that little sun we do have isn't very strong and doesn't draw the holo out as well.  My personal favourites from this collection are Metal Of Honor, Is It Love Or Luster? and Oh The Irony.

What do you think of this Color Club Collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment