Grace-full Nail Polish Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 22 October 2018


Grace-full Nail Polish have got a couple of new collections coming out later this week - the Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum Collection (which I will be sharing with you today) and the Christmas 2018 Collection (which I will be sharing with you on Wednesday this week so stay tuned for that).  So many pretty polishes are coming!  I love that both collections are being released at the same time.  It means you can shop both collections and save on shipping.  Who doesn't love to save a bit of money?  You can buy more polish then.  Anyway, as I mentioned before today I have the Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum Collection.  This eight piece collection is inspired by The Handmaid's Tale and translates to "don’t let the bastards grind you down".  Right, let's just get into the swatches shall we?


Blessed Are The Meek is a brown/khaki/army green linear holo with a gold base.  This isn't my typical kind of colour but I really like it.  I'm not sure what it is about these type of greens that I like so much.  The formula of this one is fantastic and it is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Blessed Be The Fruit is a red linear holo with red metallic flakes.  I think this is quite nice for a red polish (if you don't know - reds aren't really my thing).  The formula is awesome and you could get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Good Weather is a soft grey crelly with a pink shift and ultra chrome chameleon iridescent flakes.  I really, really, really like this one.  I'm not sure I am loving the flakies in it though.  They are subtle so for the most part you can't really see them but I think I would prefer this polish without them.  The formula is good and easy to use, however it is a little on the sheer side.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Guardians is a french navy linear holo.  This one is stunning!  I love the colour and the formula is awesome.  You can get away with one coat, however I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
May The Lord Open is an aurora shimmer that shows teal in some light and blue in others.  Now in my camera's true form it has made this polish look very blue and not at all teal.  It is definitely not as blue as it looks in my pictures.  This polish is really beautifully and the formula is great.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box (with flash)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)

Picture taken outdoors (overcast)
Praise Be is a soft green crelly with gold and silver holo microglitter.  I do like that there is a crelly in this collection.  It's nice to see that crellies are popping up a little more these days.  This one isn't really my cup of tea but I still appreciate it.  The formula is good and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Son Of Jacob is an ultra chrome chameleon magnetic polish.  It is black with purple and green magnetic pieces.  I love, love, love this polish!  I especially love it before using the magnet.  It has so many colours and shifts beautifully.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in car

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken outdoors in shade (with magnet)
Under His Brow is a deep brown linear holo.  I don't really have too much to say about this one.  It's not a favourite of mine but it is great if you like brown polishes.  The formula is awesome - you could easily get away with doing one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
And there you have it, all eight of the polishes from the upcoming Nolite Te Bastardes Caborunorum Collection.  What do you think?  Have you got a big list of polishes going onto your wishlist?  There are quite a few polishes in this collection that I really like but my personal favourites are Son Of Jacob, Guardians, May The Lord Open and Good Weather.

The Nolite Te Bastardes Caborunorum Collection will be available from Grace-full Nail Polish on October 26th at 8pm AEST on the Australian site and October 26th 5am CT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment