Emily de Molly February Releases - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 7 February 2018


I have mentioned in a few posts now that I have some exciting new things being released this month and that I will have a lot of Emily de Molly posts....well today I get to share with you guys the new releases for February.  These polishes are awesome and I really struggled to narrow down my favourites but I have managed to (just!).  Before we get into the swatches and review I should warn you that this post is very picture heavy.  You can't have too much of a good thing though can you?


Art Of Structure is a honeycomb orange/yellow holo with silver micro glitters.  The formula of this one is fantastic and it is opaque in two coats.  In terms of the colour, it's not my personal taste but I am sure there are many of you that will probably love it.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Change Of Pace is a very pale pink with strong violet shimmer, silver micro glitter and copper flakes.  I love this one!  It's so pretty and interesting.  In different lights it looks different.  This one is definitely better in person than in my pictures.  The formula does apply a little unevenly and I needed three coats for even coverage.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Embellished Response is a bright pink with gold shimmer and gold flakes.  Huge fan of this one - I mean it is pink after all and I am a sucker for pinks!  The formula is awesome on this one too!  You could easily get away with one coat.  I did use two coats for my swatch. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
 
Picture taken in direct sunlight
Jaded Visions is a dark teal blue (cold) to light teal green (warm) thermal with copper shimmer and green to purple iridescent flakes.  Now I am going to apologize for my lack of pictures of this polish in its cold state.  It has been so hot here that I really struggled to get it to stay cold.  I can promise you that it does transition though.  Both colours are great and so is the formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken outdoors in shade (warm)

Picture taken outdoors in shade (warm)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)

Picture taken in light box (cold)
Linked Irony is a silver holo with gold/pink/green iridescent flakes and black micro glitter.  I am obsessed with this  polish!  I think it is so interesting and looks awesome.  The formula applies evenly and is easy to use.  I did find it a little on the sheer side for my personal taste so I used three coats for my swatch (although I am sure most people will stop at two coats).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Little Whispers is a grey leaning purple with gold to green shifting shimmer and silver holo micro glitter.  Such a gorgeous colour and so sparkly.  The formula is awesome and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Modern Muse is a red (cold) to pale pink (warm) thermal with turquoise shimmer and blue chrome flakes.  This is such an interesting and unique polish.  I don't know what it is about it but this polish gives me Halloween vibes.  I'll definitely be breaking it out again in October for some nail art.  Anyway, the formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (cold)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (transition)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)
Ruined Cities is a red based plum with green to pink shifting shimmer, copper micro glitters and gold flakes.  I really like the added gold flakes in this polish.  It gives it that little extra something.  I am a big fan of the colour and shimmer as well.  The formula is fantastic and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I told you there was a lot of pictures but how gorgeous are these polishes?  With the except of Art Of Structure (and only because it isn't my type of colour) I am a huge fan of all of these polishes.  My favourites of favourites would have to be Linked Irony and Change Of Pace, closely followed by Ruined Cities and Little Whispers.

The February releases will be available on Saturday 10th at 10am AEDT on Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Friday 9th at 6pm EST on their International site.

No comments:

Post a Comment