China Glaze The Arrangement Collection

Sunday 3 March 2019


I feel like I have been waiting forever (definitely a slight exaggeration there) for another new China Glaze to pop up but finally it did!  The Arrangement is the new Spring collection for 2019 and most excitingly is the new wide brushes!  Woohoo!  I love wider brushes, but that being said I don't think there was anything wrong with the original China Glaze brushes.  I really just care about the colour of a polish and the formula.  The easier and more opaque it is the better.  Anyway, let's jump into the swatches and review shall we?


Better Than Nectar is a orange/pink fine glitter topper.  This one is super sheer and the glitter is sparse so I don't think you will ever be able to build it up enough to wear alone.  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  For my swatch I used one coat over Senora Flora.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Good As Marigold is a bright orange creme.  This one is a nice colour, but the formula isn't the greatest.  It applies patchy and uneven and needed three coats to even out.

Picture taken in light box
Hydangea Dangea is a light blue creme with a very subtle shimmer.  Now there is some question around the name of this polish whether its "Hydangea" or "Hydrangea" but my bottle and the website I purchased the polish from said "Hydangea" so that's what I am going with.  Anyway, this is a really pretty polish.  The shimmer is very subtle but you can see it on the nail if you are looking for it.  The formula is ok - it is patchy on the first coat and evens out ok on the second coat.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box
I Still Beleaf is a green toned gunmental with gold shimmer.  I'm really not sure how to explain this polish.  It's such an interesting and unique colour.  The formula is easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can stop at two coats.  I just found that it was a little see through at the tips for my personal taste.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Lavenduh! is a lavender creme with a very subtle shimmer.  Unlike Hydangea Dangea, the shimmer in this one is barely visible, so much so I think that the shimmer is kinda pointless.  The colour is really pretty and the formula is good.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Saved By The Bluebell is a dark blue (boarding into teal) crelly.  This is a nice colour, it's definitely not as blue as it looks in pictures.  There is a jelly aspect to this polish so it is quite sheer one the first coat but it builds up nicely on the second coat, which is what I used for my swatch.  It is still a little bit see through at the tips so I do question if I should have done a third coat.

Picture taken in light box
Senora Flora is a peach toned pink with a matte(ish) finish.  I say matte(ish) because I don't feel like this is quite as matte as some of the other polishes out there.  I think this is a really pretty colour and I like it both with or without top coat.  On the first coat this polish is patchy, however it does even out pretty well on the second coat.  I do question if this one needed a third coat or not, but I did stop at two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (no top coat)

Picture taken in light box (with top coat)
Show 'Em Who's Blossom is a light sage green creme.  I quite like this one.  The colour is really pretty.  It does apply uneven on the first coat but evens out on the second coat.

Picture taken in light box
There She Rose Again is a bright pink jelly.  I love the colour of this one but I hate how sheer it is.  I get that it's a jelly and it's designed that way, but I don't like sheer polishes.  I do love how shiny this polish is.  For my swatch I used four coats.

Picture taken in light box
This Is Ranunculus is a blue/grey with blue shimmer and silver specks.  I quite like this one too.  I think it's an interesting polish and the formula is good.  It does apply evenly, and while most people will stop at two coats, I used three coats for my swatch (it was a little see through at the tips for me).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
What's Up, Bittercup? is a bronze metallic.  I don't love nor hate this one.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  It does leave some visible brush strokes but they aren't terrible.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Wildflower Hour is a topper in a very light pink tinted base with silver flakes and holo glitter. This is a pretty topper.  It is quite sparse with the glitter so it can't build up to be fully opaque.  It reminds me of Fairy Dust.  It does apply evenly and is easy to work with.  You can see the holo in this polish but sadly there was no sun for me to capture it.  My swatch shows one coat over There She Rose Again.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
I'm a little confused by this collection to be honest.  I think there are some really nice polishes, but for the most part I don't think this is a very spring like collection.  Some of the polishes (such as What's Up, Bittercup?) feel like they belong in an Autumn/Fall Collection.  I am a fan of the wide brushes, however I do wish that the formulas weren't as patchy or as sheer in this collection.  I have my fingers crossed that the next collection has some awesome colours and formulas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment