101 Untrieds (Polishes 9 - 14) - Swatches & Review

Friday 22 March 2019


I'm back with some more untried polishes of mine!  Woohoo!  I have to say (again) that I am really enjoying rediscovering some of the polishes that I purchased years ago.  There are some really stunning polishes that I honestly had forgotten about...until now.  I was hoping to have some more untrieds to add to today's post but sadly time hasn't been my friend this week.  But I am six polishes closer to my goal so I'm happy with that.  Let's take a little trip down memory lane...


China Glaze New Birth is an extremely pale blue bordering into white creme.  This polish was originally released in 2014 as part of the Giver Collection.  I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to get around to using this polsih.  It's such a pretty colour.  Like with most light colours, the formula of this one isn't great.  It applies really uneven on the first coat - or maybe because it has been sitting so long it wasn't quite mixed together properly.  Anyway, I used three coats for my swatch and question if I should have used a fourth coat because it is still a little uneven.


OPI Be A Dahlia is a bright fuchsia jelly with pearly blue, pink and violet glass fleck shimmer.  Can you believe that this polish was released in 2011?  I am shocked knowing that.  I didn't buy this until a year or so after it's release but still - this gorgeous shade has been hiding in my drawers for way too long.  I love it!  It is a little sheer but does build up nicely in three coats.




OPI I Lily Love You is a sheer pink base with a variety of different glitter shapes.  I purchased this polish in particular to wear of Be A Dahlia and I absolutely love to combo just as much in person as I did when I first saw it in pictures online all those years ago.  For my swatch I used two coats over Be A Dahlia.




Orly Rage is a rose gold metallic foil.  I actually purchased this polish because I thought it was a dupe for a nail polish I brought from Sportsgirl (a fashion retailer here in Australia) but it turns out they are quite different.  I'm not at all disappointed that they aren't a dupe because I think Rage is gorgeous!  I still have it on my nails now.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Picture Polish Antique is a dusty purple filled with silver micro glitter.  Now this is definitely an 'antique' polish.  I have had it in my collection for such a long time.  I believe it may have actually been one of the first polishes that I purchased from Picture Polish all those years ago.  I may have even worn this polish but I can't remember.  Is that a sign that I wear too much nail polish?  Or that I just have a really bad memory?  Either way, this is a great shade!  I don't think I own anything else like it.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.




Zoya Rue is a rosy blush creme.  I know I purchased this along with two of the other polishes from the Naturel Collection back in 2014.  I really like it in other people's swatches but I am not sure if I like it so much on me.  The formula is is great and it applies evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.


That is all of the untrieds for today.  I have already pulled out a couple of other untrieds of mine (which I was hoping to have for today) and I am excited to try them.  They look so pretty in the bottles.  If you are like me and have way too many untrieds then I highly recommend shopping your own collection too!

14 untrieds swatched - only 87 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment