Emily de Molly February 2019 Releases - Swatches & Review

Sunday 17 February 2019


OMG!  OMG! O.....M.....G!!!!!  I am BEYOND excited to share with you this month's releases from Emily de Molly.  I have had these for quite some time now and have been dying to share them with you guys.  This release is one of my all time favourite releases that Emily de Molly have ever done.  There are sooooo many amazing polishes...but rather than me telling you how amazing these polishes are, how about I just show you instead? Prepare your wallets guys because you will be needing a lot of these polishes (or all of them).


A Better Tomorrow is a steel blue holographic with silver holographic micro glitter and pink to green shifting multichrome shimmer.  I love this polish!  It's a gorgeous colour with an amazing formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Grace And Glory is a bright purple crelly with blue/purple iridescent flakes.  You are probably going to get sick of reading "I love this polish" but I can't help it.  I honestly love this polish!  The colour and flakies are gorgeous.  This polish does apply a little patchy on the first coat and the flakies like to stick together a little bit, however it does even out on the second coat.  You can stop at two coats, however for me I found it a little bit sheer at the tips for me - plus I wanted that extra depth of a third coat so that's what I used.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Old Friend Of Mine is a medium brown holographic with subtle gold shimmer and iridescent flakes.  I am a big fan of this one.  I think the combination of the base colour with the shimmer and flakies is great.  The formula is also fantastic and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Parallel Worlds is a pink/purple base with green/blue/purple/red aurora shimmer.  This is actually the first polish I tried from this release and I instantly fell in love with it (both in the bottle and on my nails).  The base colour is stunning and that shift!  OMG the shift in this polish is amazing!  It looks so different in different lighting and angles.  You could never get bored wearing this polish.  The formula is super easy to use and it applies evenly.  I do find this polish is a bit see through at the tips with direct light behind it.  I used three coats for my swatch, however I did find there was no real difference between the second and third coats.  Next time I will only do two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sheer Thrills is a very pale purple with very strong green to pink shifting shimmer and green to purple chrome flakes.  This is such a unique and interesting shade.  I really like it!  Especially that shifting shimmer.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Dragon King is a dark khaki green crelly filled with pink/orange/green iridescent flakes.  I absolutely love this polish and the flakies!  It also makes for some great nail art (which will be on my IG page either already or some time very soon).  The formula is amazing and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Uttermost is a pink/coral base with gold/green/purple aurora shimmer.  Again, I absolutely love this polish!  It's so beautiful.  This is one of those polishes that look amazing worn alone, or with some simple nail art over the top.  It makes for a really effortless yet stunning mani.  I'll be sharing my nail art that I have done using this polish soon.  The formula of the polish is great and easily to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Undertones is a bright red based purple with blue to purple shifting foil shimmer.  I am obsessed with this polish too!  It's amazing!  The formula is fantastic and is a dream to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
How amazing are these polishes?  I'm seriously soooooo in love with them all.  I'm not sure I can really pick favourites but if I absolutely had to I would say Parallel Worlds, Undertones, The Uttermost, The Dragon King, Grace And Glory and A Better Tomorrow....so basically all of them.  I really suck at picking favourites don't I?  You honestly can't go wrong with any of the polishes from this release.

The February releases will be available on Tuesday 19th February at 10am AEDT from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Monday 18th February at 6pm EST on the international site.



No comments:

Post a Comment