Glam Polish Pixie Dust Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 3 August 2018


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope this week has treated you all well.  Today I have the latest collection of polishes from Glam Polish.  It's been a while since I have had any Glam Polish's on my blog and I am excited to have the Pixie Dust Collection.  This collection has ten polishes in total and has a range of finishes and shades.  Before I dive into my swatches and review I thought I should give you the heads up that this post is quite picture heavy!  You have been warned.  Right, onto the swatches!


A Girl Worth Fighting For is a silver holo with multichrome flakies, ultra holo glitter and unicorn shimmer.  I think this is a really pretty polish.  I did find it a little sheer on the first coat, however it does build up nicely on the second.  If you have shorter nails then you can do two coats, however I needed three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Cinderelly, Cinderelly is a sky blue crelly with iridescent flakes, unicorn shimmer and fine holo microglitter.  This is another pretty shade.  It is easy to work with but is on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Faith, Trust And A Little Bit Of Pixie Dust is a violet jelly with iridescent flakies, unicorn shimmer, ultra holo glitter and fine holo microglitter.  I feel like I am stuck on repeat with my comments about these polishes but this is also a really pretty polish and again it is quite sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch, but this one is still quite see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast sunlight
I Just Can't Wait To Be King is a green-purple-red multichrome with iridescent flakes and ultra holo glitter.  Big fan of this one.  It has a great shift and it applies well.  It is quite on the sheer side though.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in outcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast sunlight
Once Upon A Dream is a purple-red-gold-green multichrome with unicorn shimmer and ultra holo glitter.   I like this one although it doesn't shift through the colours as well as I would like.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Part Of Your World is a seafoam with iridescent flakies, unicorn shimmer, ultra holo glitter and fine holo microglitter.  This one is a stunner colour but I am so disappointed with how sheer it is.  This one is definitely more of a topper than a polish to wear alone.  My swatch shows four coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Tale As Old As Time is a pink jelly with iridescent flakies, unicorn shimmer, ultra holo glitter and fine holo microglitter.  Like with Part Of Your World, I think this polish should be a topper.  It's really sheer and took me four coats to build it up.  The colour is gorgeous though!

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Wish Upon A Star is a violet-blue-red multichrome with iridescent flakes and ultra holo glitter.  This one is stunning!  It has such a great shift to it.  This one does apply quite sheer on the first coat, however does build up nicely on the second coat.  For me I found two coats was a little too see through at the tips for me so I added a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
You Can Fly! is rose gold holo with ultra holo glitter and unicorn shimmer.  This one is such a pretty colour.  Again, I did find this one quite sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in  direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Zero To Hero is a grey crelly with rainbow multichrome flakies, ultra holo glitter, unicorn shimmer and a hint of holo.  Now this is an interesting shade.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I do question if I should have done a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Overall, I quite like this collection.  There is definitely a good mix of colours and finishes.  I did find each of the polishes to be on the sheer side, which was quite surprising especially for the darker shades.  I would have expected those to be completely opaque in two coats maximum.  My personal favourites are A Girl Worth Fighting For, Faith, Trust And A Little Bit Of Pixie Dust, Tale As Old As Time, Wish Upon A Star and I Just Can't Wait To Be King.

The Pixie Dust Collection will be available from Glam Polish on Friday August 3rd at 2pm EST and Saturday August 4th at 4am AEST.  

Promotion: For the first 48 hours save 5% off individual shades or save 10% off when purchasing the full collection.  No code is required.


No comments:

Post a Comment