China Glaze Ready To Wear Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 26 August 2018


Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope the weekend is treating you all nicely.  We have had lots of sun which has been nice for a change.  I am definitely looking forward to Spring!  Anyway, earlier this week I posted this years Halloween Collection from China Glaze (you can find it here if you missed it) and today I have their Autumn/Fall collection - Ready To Wear.


Aut-Umm I Need That is described as a brown-gold shimmer. I really like the look of this one in the bottle but unfortunately I don't really like it on the nails.  It looks so much sparklier in the bottle.  Anyway, the formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Central Parka is a camo green creme.  If you know me I'm really not a big green fan.  That being said, this camo green is so cool.  I actually wore it as a full mani and really liked it.  I think it would also look cool matte!  The formula is awesome - you could easily get away with one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Chic Happens is described as a purple-grey metallic.  This is a really pretty colour.  I like that it's not completely purple or grey.  It really sits somewhere in the middle.  It's definitely unique in my collection (unless there is a metallic that I have forgotten about).  The formula of this one is easy to use but I did find this one to be slow drying (when you compare it to other metallic polishes).  It also has slight visible brush strokes in it.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Haute Blooded is described as a dark red matte.  I really, really like this one.  I'm not normally one for reds but there is something so pretty about this one.  It is perfect for the cooler weather!  The formula is easy to use and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box (with top coat)

Mustard The Courage is described as a mustard creme.  I don't like this colour at all, however I think it will be great to use in nail art.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Pay It Fashion Forward is described as a purple glitter.  This is a pretty colour but the formula isn't the greatest (and definitely not what I was expecting).  It is quite runny so comes flying off the brush so definitely watch out of that!  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Pleather Weather is described as a light grey matte.  Given the formulas of the other matte polishes I have tried from China Glaze I was expecting so much more from this polish, but sadly it's quite sheer.  I did use two coats, however I really should have used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Sample Sizing Me Up is described as a blue creme.   I quite like this blue.  It's not necessarily my favourite type of blue but I do like it.  It's a different spin to the usual navy blues you see in Fall collections.  The formula is great and you can easily get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Swatch Out! is described as a copper shimmer.  This one I wasn't loving when I put it on but it did grow on me the longer I had it on (I wore it as a full mani).  The formula is good and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Throwing Suede is a soft blush pink creme.  This one is a nice colour but as expected the formula is uneven on the first coat.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I seriously question if I should have done a third coat.

Picture taken in light box
Vest Friends is described as a green-grey shimmer.  The formula is quite runny so a careful application is needed.  The colour and shimmer is nice.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
You Don't Know Jacket is described as a navy blue creme.  This really is just your standard navy blue creme.  There isn't anything wrong with that, it's a nice blue.  The formula is great.  You can easily get away with one coat, however I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I think this is a good Fall collection (there are some really nice polishes) but it's not a collection that makes my heart sing.  What do you think of this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment