China Glaze Paint It Black Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 20 August 2018


You know when there is a new China Glaze Collection available I am going to grab it.  With the exception of the OMG! Flashback Collection.  I haven't grabbed it (yet) as I am still on the fence whether or not I need it.  What do you think?  Should I grab the OMG! Flashback Collection?  Let me know in the comments or on social media somewhere.  Anyway, there are two new collections from China Glaze and I have both of them.  Today I have this year's Halloween Collection.  Yes I know I am getting in super early but I have completed the swatches for this collection and have a few more swatches to do for the Ready To Wear (Fall) Collection.  


Ash & Burn is a black base with gold/copper micro glitter.  I really like the glitter in this one and the formula is awesome.  I used one coat for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Maliboo-Boo is a black linear holo. There isn't anything special about this polish.  It really is just your standard black holo.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  Black holos are nice.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Night And Slay has a clear base that is packed with black glitter and silver holographic glitter in a few different sizes.  This one is seriously sparkly.  The formula is really thick, however it is still easy enough to work with.  I used three coats, however you can stop at two coats.  I found it to be a little too see through at the tips for my liking.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Pret-a-potion is a black micro glitter topper.  I really like this one - especially over China Glaze Chic Happens.  The formula is easy to work with and it has a great glitter payoff.  I used one coat over China Glaze Chic Happens.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Shadies & Gentlemen is a matte black.  Initially when I swatched this it split terribly on my nails.  Anyway I reswatched it without a base coat and it didn't split.  I'm not entirely sure why.  The formula of this one dries quite quickly so you need to move quickly and not apply polish in the same spot and it will then drag the polish off.  My swatch shows one coat.

Picture take in light box
Wicked Liquid is a blackened base with a golden/green shimmer.  I quite like this one.  There is something about the colour of it.  It's definitely perfect for the colder weather.  The formula is fantastic and you could easily get away with one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
I think this is a great collection for Halloween.  I quite like that China Glaze have just gone with the black theme and have a variety of finishes.  My personal favourites are Pret-a-potion and Night And Slay.

What do you think of this collection?  Also don't forget to let me know if you would like me to swatch and review the OMG! Flashback Collection.

2 comments:

  1. I got OMG from the flashback collection and I'm so disappointed because it chips off my nails faster than any polish I've ever had. I got TTYL too, but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's disappointing. I have 2 of the original polishes but I honestly can't remember if I had chipping issues or not. It's been a loooooong time since I have worn them. Hopefully you have more luck with TTYL

      Delete