Kiara Sky Professional Nails Mixed Swatches & Review

Wednesday 24 May 2017


Every now and again a new brand pops up on my radar.  Sometimes it's because I stumble across it and sometimes they reach out to me.  This happen with Kiara Sky.  They reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in trying out their Dip Powders.  I hadn't ever seen or heard of dip powders before so I had a quick look to see what they are about.  While they look really interesting, they aren't quite my thing.  I like regular polish that I can chop and change on a regular basis.  Lucky for me, Kiara Sky offered to send me some of their regular nail lacquers which I have to share with you today.


Cheer Up Buttercup is described as a darker beige creme.  I am a big fan of this one.  The formula is really creamy, it applies really evenly and it is a great nude shade.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
D'Lilac is a lilac creme.  Another beautiful colour with a great formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Lavish Me is described as a dusty pink creme.  This one is so close to being a one coater!  Again, this is a nice colour and the formula is fantastic.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Skies The Limit is a beautiful blue creme.  I'm a big fan of this one too.  Again the formula is fantastic (and close to being a one coater) and the colour is beautiful.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Sterling is a silver glitter in a clear base.  This polish really surprised me the most.  I was honestly expecting it to be more of a glitter topper and be quite sparse with the glitter.  Boy was I wrong.  It has a great glitter to base ratio and is easy to use.  It is probably a little to dense to be a glitter topper (but that is just a personal preference) but builds up nicely.  You can get away with doing two coats, however I did use three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Whoopsy Daisy is a aqua green creme with a aqua green shimmer.  This is quite a nice colour.  Now my bottle did leak slightly in transit (nothing drastic) so I am not 100% sure if the formula may have thickened or not.  The formula of this polish was definitely thicker than the cremes, however it was still really easy to work with.  You could get away with one coat, however I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I am so impressed with Kiara Sky polishes.  The colours I was sent are so beautiful and the formulas are fantastic.  I have had a quick look at their website and they have a huge range of colours, along with the Dip Powders, gel polish and so much more. 

All of the polishes in this post are available from Kiara Sky.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love these colours, so summery and that aqua one is gorgeous! I've seen the dip powder videos on Facebook, I'm being tagged in them all the time & I am a little interested in trying them out! However I'd prob never really use them, polish is always a safer review option for me!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dip powders look so interesting don't they? I had never seen them until Kiara Sky contacted me. But I am like you. I'm definitely a polish girl, and only regular polish. I tried gels and they aren't for me either. I use to think I wasn't that fussy when it comes to nail stuff, apparently I am lol

      Delete