Essie Summer 2017 Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 27 May 2017


If you had asked me, say a week ago, how many Essie polishes I own I would have told you not many.  I learnt that this is in fact a lie.  I have a lot more than I really thought.  I nearly have a completely full drawer of them.  Shows how much attention I pay doesn't it?  In comparison to other brands that I own, my Essie collection is rather small.  Why I am telling you this?  Who knows.  I was putting away the polishes from the Summer 2017 Collection and it clicked to me just how many Essie polishes I have so I thought I would share.   Anyway, today I have the latest collection from Essie to share with you.  There are six polishes in this collection and they are inspired by decadent Parisian pastries.


Baguette Me Not is described as a lilac with pink undertones.  This one is definitely one of my favourites from this collection.  I think the colour is so beautiful and the formula is great, especially for such a light colour.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Blue-La-La is a sky blue creme.  This is the other one that I love from this collection.  Again the colour is gorgeous and the formula is great.  I used two (and a bit) coats for my swatch.  I say "a bit" because I did do a slightly thicker second coat so that it was more opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Eclair My Love is a bright berry toned red.  As we know, reds really aren't my thing so I don't really have much to say about this one.  It's easy to use and applies really evenly.  My swatch shows two coats.  This one is still slightly see through at the tips on two coats, so you may want to add a  third coat.

Picture taken in light box
Fondant Of You is an orange creme with a golden shimmer.  I think this is a nice colour, and the shimmer is quite nice.  The formula is ok, but it does apply unevenly.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
S'il Vous Play is described as a pink metallic with purple undertones.  Now one would assume that I would like this polish, but sadly I don't.  It's quite sheer and it makes a huge mess (as you can see) as soon as you try to clean it up.  I think the more I tried the worse I made it.  I'm not a fan.  My swatch shows three coats, but again this is still see through at the tips.

Picture taken in light box
Sweet Souffle is described as a creamy white with a golden glow.  I this this polish is quite pretty (my pictures don't do it justice), however the formula isn't great.  It's sheer and applies so unevenly.  Next time I would definitely wear it over a white base.  My swatch shows three coats but it is still see through at the tips.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
There are definitely two stand outs in this collection for me - Blue-La-La and Baguette Me Not.  Both of these shades are gorgeous and have great formulas.  I actually wore both as a full mani and plan on doing some nail art with them soon.  

Will you be grabbing any of the Essie Summer Collection?

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swatches (despite formula issues) and I love how beautiful they all are. I think that metallic is a stunner but agree with you on the faves!!
    I hope I get the chance to try these!!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I hope you get to try them too. Especially the purple and blue

      Delete
  2. Blue and red are my favs ;D I own only a few Essie but I like the formula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is your favourite Essie that you own? I find there formulas can be really hit and miss. I guess most brands are like that aren't they?

      Delete