Powder Perfect New Stamping Plates - Swatches & Review

Sunday 2 July 2017


If you have been following along with Powder Perfect (which you should be - they have great products!) then you know that they have a few stamping plates already.  I have previously reviewed their Halloween, Egypt and the Art Deco stamping plates on my blog.  Today I have my swatches and review of the 1980s, Kings & Castles, Art Nouveau, Floral and Woodland Creatures stamping plates which are being released next week. See the bottom of this post for all the purchasing information.  Before jumping in I just want to let you know that this post is quite picture heavy so I will keep my chatting to a minimum and let the pretties do the talking.

1980s 1
This is probably my favourite of the five new releases.  I am such a big fan of all the geometric shapes plus look at all of those full sized images!!  This plate definitely uses the space on the plate well.

Image from Powder Perfect

For this first mani I really wanted to layer the dots and the circles.  I love the combination of orange and blue together but sadly the orange wasn't as opaque as I had hoped.  I really wished that I had used Powder Perfect's Orange Stamping Polish.  For my base I used China Glaze Too Busy Being Awesome and stamped using Bundle Monster Teepee Tipping and Powder Perfect Black Stamping Polish.


This next mani is definitely a favourite of mine!  For my base I used Color Club Play Date, All Dolled Up, Study Buddy and Cliff Notes.  Stamping polish is Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


Art Nouveau 1
This is another plate full of full sized images (if you don't already know these are always my go to type of designs).  The imagery on this plate is drawn from wallpapers, architecture and even doors from the Art Nouveau period.

Image from Powder Perfect
I wanted to keep this first mani really simple.  For my base I used Powder Perfect's Gallery Of Dreams (which you can see my swatches of here) and stamped using Powder Perfects Lilac Stamping Polish.


There is something about this next image that I was drawn too.  I have no clue what it is but I love this.  I thought it would look really pretty with a pastel background.  Polishes used Powder Perfect's Library Dust, Search The Kingdom, Once Glorious, Legend Says... and the Black Stamping Polish.


Floral 1
Now we all know I love floral images.  I mean they are just so pretty, how can you not love them?  Again, this plate is full of those full sized images that I love.  I really had some trouble picking which images I wanted to use first on this plate.

Image from Powder Perfect
I really love this close up image.  There are soooooo many different ways that you could use it.  I went for a duochrome base which was really fun to wear and watch the flowers change in different lights and on different angles.  For my base I used Powder Perfect Fog Is Rolling In and their Black Stamping Polish.


This next image really just screamed lead lighting to me and who was I to argue?  It has been forever since I have done any lead lighting.  I love how this turned out.  For my base I used Powder Perfect's Turtle Doves, Tracery, Cranberry Glass and their Black Stamping Polish.


Kings & Castles 1
There are some really cool images on this plate with such great detail in them.  This plate would definitely come in handy for some of the nail art challenges that are out there.

Image from Powder Perfect
This mani I stole from Margaret (@loveslacquer).  I have no shame!  Originally when I saw this plate I had planned on using the dragon scales but hadn't really worked out how I was going to use it.  Then I saw Margaret's and it was perfection, so I copied it.  I'm not 100% sure if the polishes are the exact same or not (you'll have to ask her what she used).  For my gradient I used a England's Princess Sabra, Dragon and Saint George and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


Circle images always seem to say radial gradient to me so that is exactly what I did.  Polishes used are Powder Perfect's Recollection, Whataboutery and their Black Stamping Polish.


Woodland Creatures 1
The Woodland Creatures plate is full of cute and quirky creatures, scenic mountains, woodsy prints and Aussie animals.  This plate isn't really my style of plate but it still is a great plate that you can make some really cute manis with.

Image from Powder Perfect
For my first mani I used Powder Perfect's Recollection as my base and stamped using Bundle Monster's Arabica.  There was a little bit of user error with this plate but let's just pretend that that didn't happen.  The image does stamp beautifully.


For a woodland plate you would expect to see lots of earthy tones etc.  Well I went in a completely different direction - neon!  For my base I used Powder Perfect's Turtle Doves and then dry brushed China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Bottoms Up.


As you can see these plates all stamp so beautifully and these is a huge range of images across these plates.  My favourite plate from these new releases would have to be the 1980s plate.  It's so cool!

All five plates will be available on July 6th from Powder Perfect's Australian site and their international site.


2 comments:

  1. Wow what a host of gorgeous manis. I love them all but that close up rose image is gorgeous. You're always such an inspiration for stamping designs.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! I would lost without stamping

      Delete