Emily de Molly April Releases - Swatches & Review

Saturday 25 April 2020


Isolation time certainly has been interesting.  Sometimes I think time is going really quickly and other times it's really slow.  Why I am mentioning this?  Simply because it seems like forever ago since I swatched the upcoming Emily de Molly releases.  They are amazing!  But let me show you rather than just telling you.


All I See is a steel blue base with copper overlay.  I love this polish!  The base colour is gorgeous and I am obsessed with the overlay.  Love, love, love!   The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Enjoy The Fall is a khaki green base with pink/gold/green shifting iridescent flakes as well a gold holographic micro glitters.  This isn't really my sort of shade but it does look really cool in the bottle.  The formula is good and easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch but you can stop at two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast lighting

Picture taken in overcast lighting
Here We Go Again is a bright ultramarine blue base filled with pink/gold/green shifting aurora shimmer and silver holographic flakes.  This is hands down one of my most favourite polishes EVER!  I am completely obsessed!  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Ombres And Glitter is a bright pink (warm) to dark purple (cold) thermal with orange/green shifting iridescent glitters.  I love the colours and the glitter in this polish.  Plus it transitions well between both the warm and cold state and is easy to use.  I did find it to be a little on the sheer side so I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (transition/cold)

Picture taken in light box (transition/cold)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (transition)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken in light box (warm)

Picture taken outdoors (transition)
Overrun is a dark purple base with blue/purple/red shifting foil type shimmer.  I'm sure this will come as no surprise but I love, love, love this polish!  The shift is awesome and the formula is great and so easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch but you can stop at two coats (it was just a little too see through at the tips for my personal taste).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Remote Control is a murky green base with blue/purple/pink foil type shimmer.  Love this one!  The colour is gorgeous and shifts so well.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Journey is a beautiful bright green base filled with silver holographic micro glitters and copper/gold/green shifting aurora shimmer.  Everybody needs sparkly nails and this polish is just that!  It's super sparkly, the colour is gorgeous and I love the aurora shimmer in it.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast sunlight
Waiting To Happen is a light dusty pink base (slightly neutral brown undertones) with neon pink and gold micro glitters.  This polish is so cool.  It's those old school indie polishes that all made us fall head over heels back in the day.  I love the combination in this one.  It's actually really fun to wear.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
How awesome is this month's release?  Sooooo many amazing polishes.  I would love to try and narrow down my favourites in order to maybe help you with what to do buy but honestly aside from Enjoy The Fall I love them all.  Nothing against Enjoy The Fall.  It's just not for me and I do think it looks good in the bottle.  Maybe some nail art over it could change my mind...

The April releases will be available on Tuesday 28th April at 10am AEST from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Monday 27th April at 8pm EDT on the international site.

  

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the photos of Here We Go Again are not loading. Otherwise, love your swatches and commentary, and always slip out of "work mode" when one of your blog messages arrives in my mailbox. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not sure why those pictures weren't working but they are now. :)

      Delete