Essie Fall 2017 Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 21 November 2017


It is actually Spring here in Australia (and Melbourne has finally turned up the heat....well every now and again it does) but I have seen quite a few manis and pictures of Essie's Fall Collection and I just had to grab it for myself.  I have had it sitting in my swatch racks for quite some time now but I have only just got around to swatching it.


As If is described as a powdery periwinkle blue with a hint of red.  I am a really big fan of this colour.  I don't think I have anything like it in my collection.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.


Dressed To The Nineties is described as a dark purple with a green-blue shimmer.  This one is quite pretty too.  I did wish that the shimmer was more obvious on the nails (so it looked more like it does in the bottle).  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.


Girly Grunge is described as a soft silvery metallic with a light purple shine.  I think this is a nice colour but it does have visible brush strokes.  The formula is great and is so close to being a one coater.  There is a good chance that this one will stamp (I haven't tried though).  My swatch shows two coats.


Knee-High Life is described as deep wine red with purple undertones.  This is a gorgeous colour, especially for the cooler months.  The formula is awesome and it is close to a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Mixtaupe is described as a warm ivory with a dash of pink.  This is a great nude polish.  It does apply a little unevenly on the first coat, but evens out nicely on the second coat.


Saved By The Belle is described as a light baby pink with a subtle blue undertone.  I love this one!  I guess that probably doesn't come as a surprise.  I am such a sucker for pinks.  The formula is a little questionable.  It applies unevenly on the first coat, but evens out on the second.  I did use two coats for my swatch but I honestly am questioning whether I should have done a third coat.


I am a really big fan of this entire collection.  There isn't a polish in here that I don't like.  If I had to pick my top two favourites I would definitely pick Saved By The Belle and As If.

No comments:

Post a Comment