Emily de Molly September 2019 Releases - Swatches & Review

Sunday 22 September 2019


One of my favourite times of the month is when Emily de Molly has new releases and that is exactly what time it is.  Hayley makes the best polishes (both colours and formula wise) and this month is no exception.  Don't believe me, then let me show you!


Be Still And Know is a dark purple base with turquoise green micro flakes, rose pink holographic glitters and a strong coppery brown magnetic effect.  This polish is limited to one large batch.  I really like the shimmer and the magnetic effect in this polish.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.


Picture taken in light box  (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box (with magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (with magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (with magnet)

Picture taken in light box (without magnet)

Picture taken in light box (without magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (without magnet)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (without magnet)
Cake In A Crisis is a neon green crelly base with gold chrome flakes.  I'm a big fan of this one!  It's such a cool colour and super bright.  The formula is fantastic and easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can stop at two coats.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Crime Of Passion is a dark magenta pink base with pink to gold shifting foil type shimmer.  I'm sure that it comes at no surprise that I love this one!  It's gorgeous and the formula is awesome.  If you have short nails you could get away with one coat of this polish.  My swatch shows two coats.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Everyday Is The Same is a dark eggplant purple base filled with iridescent shifting flakes.  I love this one too!  It's such a gorgeous colour and the flakes are stunning.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch, but noted that I should have done three coats.  I did find that it was a see through at the tips in direct light - but let's keep in mind I am very fussy when it comes to these things.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Left Turns is a dark but vibrant blurple filled with iridescent shifting flakes.  Love this one too!  The formula is great and the colour and flakies are stunning!  I used two coats for my swatch.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Picking Petals is a pale duck egg blue/grey/green base with rose gold micro flakes.  This polish is limited to one large batch.  I think this is such a nice colour and I love the flakes.  They are a little subtle but they are definitely easier to see in person.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Riot Of Shadows is a dusty green base with a fine particle copper/gold/green aurora shimmer and silver holographic micro glitters.   I feel like I am basically saying the same thing throughout this post but it is what it is.  I love this polish!  I think it's so pretty and unique.  The formula is great and applies easily.  I used three coats for my swatch, but you can stop at two coats.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Morning Light is a silver holographic micro glitters in a really pale green/grey base with fine particle pink/gold/green shifting aurora shimmer.  I love, love, love this one!  It's absolutely gorgeous and super sparkly!  The formula is a little on the sheer side but it builds up nicely and is easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.  Now there is a note that this polish may require two coats of top coat for a smooth finish but from memory I only used one coat.


Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
If you can't tell by now that I love this collection then I don't know what else to say.  There are soooooo many awesome polishes (both formula and colour wise) I just love them all. 

The September releases will be available Wednesday 25th September at 10am AEST from Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Tuesday 24th September at 8pm EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment