The Holo Hookup August 2018: Tea Party - Swatches & Review

Sunday 15 July 2018


Today I have something new to share with you guys - The Holo Hookup.  To be honest, before I was asked to swatch the August polishes I hadn't even heard of the Holo Hookup.  Yes I may be living under a rock, but in all fairness there is so many new polish brands, Facebook groups and subscription box types of things it's hard to keep up.  Anyway, I always love trying out new things so I naturally said yes to swatching the August polishes.  The theme for this month is Tea Party.


Cupcake Polish: Brew-tea-ful is a mulberry linear holographic polish with blue/teal/purple/pink shifting flakies and a red to gold shifting shimmer.  We all know I love holographic polishes with flakies and this one is a really pretty one.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Different Dimension: Hit Me With Your Best Pot is a dark sapphire blue linear holographic.  Nice colour with a good formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Glisten & Glow: Let's Get The Par-tea Started is described as a light beige creme based linear holographic polishes loaded with pink/red/gold shifting aurora shimmers.  This one is gorgeous in the bottle but sadly it is really sheer.  It definitely needs a base colour underneath.  I used four thick coats for my swatch (and it still isn't completely opaque).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Grace-full Nail Polish Cute Tea is a soft light pink linear holo with gold shimmer and gold flakes throughout.  I quite like this one.  It's a pretty pink and I really like the added gold shimmer and flakes.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I quite like the polishes in this box.  They are all nice colours and the formulas are all easy to work with.  I do wish that the Glisten & Glow polish was more opaque though. 

The Tea Party box will be available for pre-order Saturday July 21st at 9pm EDT until Saturday July 28th at 9pm EDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment