Sally Hansen + Crayola Insta-Dri Back To School Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 6 July 2018


I love when my delivery driver knocks on my door because it is usually something pretty exciting.  Most of the time I have an idea what is coming, however this one time I had no clue.  Turns out it was surprise nail mail with the latest collection from Sally Hansen.  The Sally Hansen + Crayola features six creme shades and came in the coolest PR package that I have seen for quite some time.  Stupidly, I didn't take a picture of the packaging and I am currently being lazy and not wanting to go upstairs to put it back together to take a picture I have borrowed this one from Sally Hansen's Australian Instagram account.

Image from Sally Hansen
As you can see from the picture there is only six shades but they have been doubled up.  I believe that the nail peeps in the US have twelve shades instead of six which look super cool in the package (I have seen pictures only).  Hopefully we will get the remaining shades at some point in the near future - and the pastel ones!  Anyway, I am getting carried away here.  Let's take a look at the six limited edition shades that are available now!


Apricot is described as a soft light baby pink hue.  This one is such a nice fresh colour.  I'm extremely impressed with the formula of this one.  I was expecting it to be horribly streaky and needing three to four coats, however this was not the case at all.  It did apply a little unevenly on the first coat, however evened out beautifully on the second coat.  My swatch shows two coats.


Atomic Tangerine is a tangerine orange creme.  The formula of this one is awesome.  You could easily get away with one coat. I used two coats for my swatch.


Bluetiful is a vibrant blue creme.  I love the colour of this one.  It actually reminds me of Pacific Blue (the original formula) - they aren't dupes.  I checked.  Anyway, the formula is amazing and you could easily get away with one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.


Inchworm is a yellow toned green creme.  This isn't particular my type of colour but it will make for some cool nail art.  The formula is also great and is opaque in two coats.


Razzle Dazzle Rose is a blue toned pink creme.  Super pretty colour (I do love my pinks!).  The formula is awesome.  Again, it is close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.


Wild Watermelon is a watermelon pink creme.  Really pretty colour with a great formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.


I am so impressed with this collection.  The colours aren't necessarily the most unique out there but the formulas are awesome.  I really hope that Australia get the other shades that have been released in the US.  My personal favourites from this collection are Razzle Dazzle Rose and Bluetiful.

Sally Hansen + Crayola Back To School Collection is available now from Chemist Warehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment