OPI Starlight Collection (Additional Polishes) - Swatches & Review

Monday 21 March 2016


In November last year I shared with you my swatches and review of the twelve OPI Starlight Collection polishes that were released here in Australia.  If you missed that post and are interested you can find it here.  Knowing that eighteen polishes had been released in the US I naturally had to hunt them down and get them.  I actually swatched these back in December and had planned to post them last year but it just never happened and then it's a post that I keep pushing back to make way for newer things that have been released this year.  But today it's time to dust off these swatches and share my thoughts.


By The Light Of The Moon has a silver metallic base with silver glitters throughout.  Am I a fan of this one?  No.  Personally I think it just looks like a bumpy mess on the nails.  The formula is easy to work with and it is close to being a one coater so that is a plus.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Cosmo With A Twist is a dark purple with a subtle sparkle.  This one also has a colour shift from blue to purple within the shimmer.  It's really pretty in person but my camera struggled to show it.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I Drive A Supernova is described as a sterling silver.  It's easy to use and is close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Is This Star Taken? has a golden metallic base and holographic bar glitters.  Now this one is quite interesting in the bottle but on the nail is quite a mess.  The bar glitters are hard to see and it just looks lumpy.  The formula is easy to work with and it is close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
No More Mr Night Sky is a dark shimmery grey.  Quite a pretty polish and is easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats, although you can get away with two coats (I found that I had a slight visible nail line in certain lights and we all know how much I love a VNL lol).

Picture taken in light box
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Meteorite is described as a rosy golden confetti glitter.  This one is along the same lines as OPI Infrared-y To Glow but with the addition of gunmental grey glitters.  I don't love this one but I don't hate it either.  This polish is quite base heavy and I recommend dabbing it on.  I used two coats over OPI Press * For Silver.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
I can see why these six polishes weren't released worldwide.  The other twelve polishes definitely would sell better in my opinion.  My personal picks from these polishes would be Cosmo With A Twist and No More Mr Night Sky.  I personally would skip buying Is This Star Taken? and By The Light Of The Moon.


3 comments:

  1. love ur application of 2 wrongs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did the same yesterday b4 i looked online. Press * then 2 coats of Two Wrongs....urs looks better!!!

    ReplyDelete