China Glaze Lite Brites Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 19 March 2016


Guess what I finally got my hands on earlier this week?  That's right, the remaining half of the new China Glaze Lite Brites Collection!  I seriously couldn't be happier.  There was also another neon collection in my package which I will be sharing on my blog soon.  So many bright and beautiful colours.  I would have to say that Spring and Summer collections are my favorites.  Anyway, as you may know I have already swatched and reviewed part of the Lite Brites Collection, but personally I like seeing full collections in one post.  So to keep things a little more organized I have done a little copying and pasting of the swatches and review from that post and included them in here.  Heads up though - this is a pretty picture heavy post.  Oh and you may need some sunglasses because there is some bright babies in here!


Bite Me is  a bright pink with a golden sheen.  Absolutely stunning colour!  The formula is slightly on the thicker side (it actually makes this polish close to being a one coater) but it is easy to work with.  My swatch shows two coats. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Hot Flash is a classic bright red.  The formula is easy to use and it applies really evenly.  I found that after two coats there was still a slight visible nail line.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I Got A Blue Attitude is described as a blue-violet.  At first I thought this was a creme polish, however these is the most subtle a tiny shimmer to it.  It's actually quite hard to see in person and impossible to capture on camera.  In fact, my camera really struggled to capture this polish accurately.  It automatically changed it to blue.  But depending on the light this polish can either look like a blue or purple.  It's absolutely stunning and the formula is amazing.  It is super close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I'll Pink To That is a bright barbie pink.  I seriously love this one (I'm actually wearing this one as I type this post in fact).  The formula is awesome, it applies evenly and dries rather quickly.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Let's Jam is a lavender creme with a blue sheen.  Gorgeous colour and the formula is amazing.  It applies so evenly and is close to being a one coater.  The blue sheen gives it a real glow about it in person.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Lime After Lime is a bright green creme.  Love this one!  Again the formula is amazing and it's close to being a one coater.  And seriously look at that colour.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Lip Smackin' Good is described as a faded pop pink.  Super pretty.  Now this one does have a slight sheen to it but it is quite hard to see.  The formula is slightly on the thicker side and it does start to dry quite quickly.  I recommend working relatively quick and have a good amount of polish on the brush or you will end up dragging the polish off while trying to apply it.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box
None Of Your Risky Business is satsuma dry orange.  Amazing colour and I am not normally a huge orange fan.  The formula is easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Papa Don't Peach is described as a neon orange coral with gold glitter.  As you may be able to tell from the pictures, this one is definitely bright!  It's a great colour and the formula is easy to use (although it is a little on the sheer side).  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
We Got The Beet is a red toned purple with gold glitter.  The formula is easy to use but it is a little sheer in colour.  I found that I still had a very slight visible nail line in some lights after two coats, so added the third coat.  Most people would probably be happy with just two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
What I Like About Blue is a blue turquoise with golden shimmer.  Gorgeous colour and the formula is amazing.  It applies evenly and is nearly opaque in one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Whip It Good is a bright yellow creme.  I love this one.  Not only is the colour amazing (it's not too pale and it's not a completely in your face neon yellow either) but the formula is awesome, especially for such a light colour.  I was honestly expecting it to be streaky and needing three coats.  Seriously, it applies so evenly and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I am sure it's no surprise when I tell you that I love this collection.  So many bright colours which are stunning.  I am also really impressed with the formulas too.  My absolute favorites would have to be I'll Pink To That, Bite Me, None Of Your Risky Behaviour, Lets Jam, Whip It Good, What I Like About Blue, Lime After Lime and I Got A Blue Attitude.  Yes I pretty much named them all I know, but I seriously love those.  The other ones I just really like.

Now I have pulled out a few polishes to do some swatch comparisons which will hopefully be up next week sometime.  I am aiming for Thursday but we will see how I go.  I have a busy weekend and week next week.  Let me know if there are any comparisons you want to see and I'll try and do them.

17 comments:

  1. Definately calls for comparasion post. Many look so similar to last years Electric Night collection. I must confess I like all of them except for Papa Don't Peach. That one just strikes me as odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pulled out a bunch of polishes ready to do a bunch of comparisons. Now just to find the time to do them all. Do you want me to do comparisons between the Electric Nights Collection and this one? Even if they are just bottle shots?

      Delete
    2. That works for me! I am easy to please. I hope you are feeling better soon.

      Delete
  2. I like to see the pink from that neon collection to the pink in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink from the Electric Nights Collection do you mean?

      Delete
  3. Yeah the pink one from the Electric Nights collection remind me of 'I'll Pink to that' i forgot to include that. This collection is just so pretty I feel like getting every single one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems. I have done some bottle shots comparing the pinks for you as well as some of other polishes from the Electric Nights collection and these ones. I have had a few people ask. Most are very different which is why I have done the bottle shots. There are other polishes with I will do swatch comparisons of but I don't think I will get that post done until Sunday. I am sick at the moment :(

      Delete
  4. So many yummy polishes in this collection and perfect swatches as always Tracy! Where would be the best place in AUS to buy these?

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Honestly I have no clue where the best place would be to get these in Aus. Maybe a nail supply store? I know there are a few around Melb that stock CG but they are usually not up to date collections. I always get mine from either Head2toe beauty or nailsupplies.us (with the exception of the second half of this collection - I got from HB Beauty. It was my first and possibly last order with them)

      Delete
  5. Well thanks can't wait to see.I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I should have the comparison post up on Sunday

      Delete
  6. Lovely review! I think Bite Me is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the lovely swatches. I think I will get the whole collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda. It really is a great collection, especially if you love bright polishes like I do :)

      Delete
  8. Great collection. I have them all 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great collection isn't it? So many pretty colours

      Delete