Femme Fatale Cosmetics Rainbow Connection Exclusives - Swatches & Review

Friday 25 March 2016


Happy Easter weekend everyone!  What have you guys got planned?  Today my family and I are off to the Melbourne Easter Show (it will be my daughters first Easter Egg hunt that isn't at home after the Easter bunny has been) with some friends.  It should be a really fun day and a great start to the long weekend.  Anyway, today I have three store exclusives for Rainbow Connection by Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  I have actually owned one of these polishes for years now (I would be guessing at least two years) and haven't worn it until now.  Have I mentioned I have a lot of untrieds in my collection?  Oops.  I can now cross these three polishes off the untried list.


Prim & Copper has a purple base with a gold overlay and a scattering of golden holo glitters.  The formula is easy to work with however I found it was a little sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Time Lapse is a dark purple jelly with lavender shards, iridescence and shimmer.  Such a stunning polish.  I wish Femme Fatale would do more of these types of polishes again (and I still wish they used these old square bottles -  they are so much nicer than the rectangle ones in my option).  The formula was easy to work with after the initial coat.  The first coat I found clumped together and was better slightly dabbed on.  I should point out that I have had this polish for at least two years so the formula of my bottle may have changed over time.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Wine & Dandy is a dark purple polish full of multicolour metallic and holographic glitters.  I really like this one in the bottles but I don't love it as much on the nails.  It's a lot darker and the glitters are somewhat hidden.  The formula is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I did notice that there is a slight visible nail line in certain lights so next time I would use three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
While these polishes aren't a favorite of mine I do like them all.  My personal favorite is definitely Time Lapse.

These Femme Fatale Cosmetics polishes are only available from Rainbow Connection.

1 comment: