2020 Reflections And New Years Resolutions

Friday 1 January 2021

 
Happy New Year everyone!  I am sure I am not the only one who is happy to be done with 2020.  Hopefully 2021 will be a much better year.  I thought to kick start this year I would continue what seems to be a yearly tradition of reflecting on the previous years and setting some blog/nail goals for the upcoming year.  Like previous years, this post is usually quite wordy (with only one picture - my top 9 pictures on Instagram for 2020) so if that's not your thing then feel free to skip over this post.  But if you have anything in particular you would like to see then let me know!  You can comment below, comment or message me on Instagram or email me.  I would love to know what you would like to see more of.
 

2020
It's funny looking back on 2019's Reflections and New Years Resolutions post (you can find that here if you are interested) because I talk about how crazy the year was and how busy it was which then resulted in a smaller amount of blog posts from me.  Little did I know that 2020 was going to be a year that would kick mine and everyone else's butts like never before.  It's safe to say that it is a year that no one will forget.  
 
In terms of my blog for 2020 I only managed 82 posts which is the quietest year I have ever had on my blog.  I made a comment about how little nail time I had previously had and that I was going back and forth on the whole blogging thing.  2020 took that into it's own hands and my blog did basically stop.  I did continue to paint my nails but not as regular as I once upon a time did.  I have to admit that wearing polishes and nail art and not photographing and edit has been great I have kinda missed the blogging side of things.  It's a nice little outlet so in 2021 I do plan on blogging more.
 
Last year I did set four goals for myself.  My first goal was to complete swatching everything that I had purchased in 2019.  Happy to report that I definitely did that.  Yay!  From memory there was only a few polishes let and I managed to get them done before the whole Covid thing so that was a nice and easy goal.
 
My second goal was to swatch everything I purchased in 2020.  Well given how little I purchased last year you would think that I would manage this goal.  Nope.  Completely failed.  I have basically all of the Emily de Molly Black Friday Limited Editions to swatch, I have their Halloween polishes still and I think there are also a couple of random other limited editions.  I really can't remember what I have left.  Guess I will have to work that out.
 
Goal number three was to start doing more nail art.  While I am happy with the nail art I did in 2020 there really wasn't a great deal of it.
 
My last goal was to continue working my way through some more of my untried polishes.  I didn't really do that either.  I did however, go back and re wear some of the polishes that I have loved over the years which was awesome.  One of the things with blogging is that I am always grabbing for new things which doesn't leave time for anything else that I have previously swatched. 
 
So that was 2020 - not a great year for anyone and definitely not for my blog.  But it is what it is.  Before looking at some goals for 2021 here is a look at my top nine most liked pictures on Instagram.  These are always a fun little round up.
 

2021
What is to come for 2021?  Honestly, it will depend on a few things.  I am hoping for no lockdowns next year and some what of normal routine.  My daughter is going into grade 4 (which is exciting and scary all at the same time) which means that we have to start looking for high schools as it may result in having to move house etc.  So there is that.  Also my daughter has set herself to goal of moving into a much higher level of gymnastics (again this is super exciting and as a parent very scary - the skills are crazy!).  At this stage I am not sure if there will be an increase in her training hours etc so I guess I will have to see what happens.
 
Given I am not 100% sure what 2021 will look like for me I am going to try and keep my goals minimal (hopefully I can achieve them this year).
 
  • To write more blog posts that I did in 2020.
  • To  complete swatching everything I purchased in 2020.
  • To swatch everything I purchase in 2021.
  • To do some more nail art.
  • To swatch polishes that I have in my collection that aren't on my blog.  One day I would love to have all the polishes on my blog because it's usually where I go if I need information about a polish.  It will also allow me to revisit some of the older polishes that I have worn before and wear some more untrieds. 
 
I think that is all I have for my New Years Resolutions.  It's not a huge list but it's a starting point to get me going again.  Please let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to see on my blog.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. i love your 2021 goals!
    i definitely like the idea of blogging about polishes you haven't worn in a long time. i use your site to look up polishes i have purchased (mostly china glaze) when i'm deciding on which color to use. my most recent choice was "cutie mark the spot" so thank you for providing a review of that polish (back in 2017!) so i knew it would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so glad that you find it useful too. I have actually been looking at some of my really early posts and there has been some seriously amazing things that have been released that I definitely need back on my nails ASAP <3

      Delete