Swatch My Stash

Tuesday 12 January 2021

 
Last year I took a little time off blogging and re discovered some of my old favourites and really just polishes that I hadn't worn in a very long time and some untrieds.  Previously I have tried to swatch my untrieds but honestly at this point in time I really am not entirely sure what I have and haven't actually used.  So I have set myself a new goal for this year (well not just this year because that's impossible so it will be an ongoing goal) to have swatches of my entire polish collection on my blog.  It's a mammoth task (I have thousands of polishes - literally) but I know I tend to look at my blog when I want information on a polish (usually how many coats I used or if it needs a base colour).  Luckily for me I have been blogging for quite some time now (next month will mark my 5 year anniversary of blogging) so I already have a good start to this goal.  Today I will be cheating and using some of the really old swatches that I have had sitting on my computer.  So let's begin shall we...


Actually before I jump in I should probably point out that some of these swatches are really old so the pictures have been taken with different cameras.  I also don't really have many notes on them (and in same cases I don't have any notes) but I figured I may as well use the pictures because they will just sit there otherwise.  Maybe another goal at a future date will be to re-swatch all the "dud" swatches I have previously done.  Anyway, enjoy the trip down memory lane.

A England Merlin.  I don't have any notes on this swatch at all but from memory I want to say that this is one or two coats over a silver metallic base.

Picture taken in light box
Color Club East Austin.  This polish is easily one of my most used and favourite polishes from Color ClubMy swatch shows two coats,

Picture taken in light box

Emily de Molly Insipid.  Oh magic flakie polish how I still love you.  I am actually a little sad that I don't have a back up bottle of this one.  I have definitely made a good dent in the bottle over the years.  I used two sponged on coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Glam Polish Blibber Blabber.  Who remembers when crellies with bright colour glitters  and shapes were a thing?  They are definitely starting to pop up more and more these days.  For my swatch I used one coat over a white base.

Picture taken in light box

Orly Mirrorball.  All the sparkly goodness.  I remember seeing swatches of this online and needing it straight away.  Formula was a little more sheer than I would have liked but it's still really pretty.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Powder Perfect Fog Is Rolling In.  Powder Perfect would have to be one of the greatest losses to the Aussie indie community.  Such amazing polishes!  I mean look at this polish?  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Zoya Izzy.  Zoya is one of those brands that I have quite a few of (they have an entire drawer dedicated to them) but aren't really ones I grab for too often.  Definitely need to change that.  For my swatch I used two coats.

Picture taken in light box
That brings us to the end of today's post.  It's actually really funny (and cringeworthy) looking back to how much my swatches have changed over the years.  Even my water mark.  Anyway, I think I have enough old swatches for one more post and then we will be back up to date.




No comments:

Post a Comment