Favourite Nail Art 2020

Thursday 31 December 2020

 
We have made it to the last day of 2020.  Woohoo!  What a crazy year it has been.  It has been the longest yet quickest yet.  Here is hoping that 2021 is a lot better than this year.  Before we kiss good bye 2020 I need to wrap up the year with my favourite nail art.  So here is my top twenty nail art manis I have done.  Like with all of my favourites posts these aren't in any particular order.


2020 was the year of the matte white glitters (well it is the year that I fell in love with them that's for sure).  I couldn't resist stamping over Emily de Molly Death Stairs with Hit The Bottle Snowed In.  Image is from MoYou London Botanical 7 stamping plate.


Another MoYou London mani.  Actually there may be a few MoYou manis in this post.  Now I don't have the exact details for this mani as my Emily de Molly bottle doesn't have a label.  But the white polish is Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, the glitter is China Glaze Night And Slay and the black stamping polish is from MoYou London.


I am and will always be a huge fan of black and white nails.  They are so simple but always look so good.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, Hit The Bottle As Black As Night and Hit The Bottle To Love Or Not To Love stamping plate.



Another mani using Hit The Bottle's To Love Or Not To Love stamping plate (there is a reason why this plate was in my favourites post yesterday).  My polishes are also favourites for 2020 - Grace-full Nail Polish Christmas Bubblegum over Pink Bits.


This is the last (I think) mani I did using Hit The Bottle's To Love Or Not To Love stamping plate.  Polishes used are Picture Polish Mad Magenta, Instinct, Chillax and Totes.


The next few manis were all done using Uberchic's Just For Claws stamping plates.  For this mani I sponged on Grace-full Nail Polish Mintie, Lilac Vision and Oasis Blue and stamped using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.


Who does not love mutilchrome anything?  They really do make for some amazing and super easy nail art.  For this mani I used Emily de Molly Fade Into Black and stamped using Colour Alike B An Orion. Image is from Uberchic Just For Claws 1-03.


Neons will forever be favourites of mine. And gradients.  I use to do gradients all the time but kinda stopped.  Well actually my sponged backgrounds took over.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure this mani is one of my all time favourites.  For my gradient I used Powder Perfect Turtle Doves, China Glaze Son Of A Peach and Bottoms Up and stamped using Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night.  Image is from Uberchic Just For Claws 1-01 stamping plate.


Am I the only one that kinda forgets about how awesome dry brushing is?  I really should do it more often.  That and nail art in general is something I need to do more often.  Anyway, for this mani I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat for my base and dry brushed using OPI You're So Outta Lime, Pink Friday, I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Sailing & Nailing, and You're Such A Budapest.  Image is from Uberchic Just For Claws 1-01.


This was one of the accidentally manis.  You know the ones where you plan on doing one thing but end up with something entirely different?  That was definitely this mani and I have to say I love that it happened.  For my base I sponged on Pretty Serious Cosmetics Little Ducking, Poppet, Dollface, Bunny Foo-Foo, Peachie Poo and Bon Bon and stamped using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from Uberchic Just For Claws 1-02.


This mani was another that wasn't exactly as I had initially planned (although definitely closer to my original idea than the mani above) but I am in love with the end result.  For my gradient I used Color Club All Fun And Games, Out Of Your League and Friend Zone, and stamped using Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from What's Up Nails Geo-Radical stamping plate.


This is one of those really basic manis that not only did I love but I also had a lot of compliments on.  It just shows you that sometimes less is more.  For my base I used Grace-full Nail Polish Blue Oasis and stamped using What's Up Nails Jay For A Day.  Image is from What's Up Nails Simple Shapes stamping plate.


Neons and dry brush - always a winning combination.  For my base I used Emily de Molly Bright Retreat and dry brushed using Orly Glowstick, Beach Cruiser and Skinny Dipping.  I stamped using Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night and Uberchic's Simply Organic stamping plate.


Shifting polishes really make for an excellent base for a simple mani.  I said this in the original post but I do wish that I took more pictures of this one to show the different colours in it.  Polishes used are Emily de Molly Save Your Boredom and Hit The Bottle As Black As Night.  Image is from Uberchic Business Chic stamping plate.


I know I didn't give a great review of these What's Up Stickers (I still stand by what I said - they just don't work on my curved nails) but I do love this mani.  It didn't last long on my nails because the stickers came off but it will be forever in photos.  


Another simple but fun mani to wear.  For this mani I used Color Club Modern Pink, Emily de Molly Bright Retreat, China Glaze I'd Melt For You and A-England Merlin.  Image is from What's Up Nails Simple Shapes.


This next mani was a fun mani to wear.  For my base I sponged on Color Club's Tic Tac Toe, Players Gonna Play, Schoolyard Crush, Extra Credit and All Dolled Up.  I stamped using Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night and Moyra's Love Love stamping plate.
 

Have I mentioned that I love multichrome manis?  They really do make for some great nail art.  For my base I used Emily de Molly LE130 and stamped using Hit The Bottle's As Black As Night.  Image is from What's Up Nails Geometric Trance stamping plate.


This next mani was one of those manis where I had quite a few ideas but then fell on this one and I love it.  Polishes used are Color Club East Austin and Hit The Bottles Snowed In and As Black As Night.  Image is from What's Up Nails Geometric Trance. 


And the last mani that makes up my top twenty is one that I did using MoYou London's Trend Hunter 2.  Polishes used are Emily de Molly Element Of Strange and MoYou London's  Black Knight stamping polish.


That brings us to the end of today's post and the end of all blogs posts for 2020 from me.  Thank you all for sticking with me this year (and all previous years).  I hope that you have enjoyed the posts.  Have a safe new year.  See you in 2021!



















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment